Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Narnia Trailer

Old 10-05-2005, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this one is successful enough to get things moving on the other 6.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:33 AM

The Narnia Chronicles were not as long as the Rings or Harry Potter books. The Lord of the Rings movies left out a part of the ending when Sauroman and Wormtounge end up at Shire..probably because to save time. I don't think this will be the case the Naria books, they'll probably have to draw out the scenes to make them longer or combine some of the books into one movie. I wonder how it's going to work out?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:51 AM

^^ I agree..I wish that part was in the Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King.

Even though Samwise is made to be very brave in the movie, he's about 10x more brave in the book - especially when they return to the Shire fully clad in their gear, and the men try to stop them - I LOVE that part.

The scene with Wormtongue at the end (won't say what happens for those who haven't read it) is pretty important I think, and gives some history to the Shire (the tree, etc) and to the future families and their children of the Shire. It also shows Frodo's forgiveness, and Sam's vengeance.

I just keep hoping Peter Jackson and some of the cast return to make The Hobbit - they all said they'd do it, but there's a battle between agencies and lawyers holding everything back mad.gif
Old 10-07-2005, 06:18 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been STOKED for this movie since one of my local theaters put up a big display back in July. Then I saw the trailer and f***ing... died. I always loved the books and movies as a kid, so I just can't WAIT for the "updated" version.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Its so hillaious, I went to Star Wars Episode III the opening matinee with a friend and before the previews started I was like, "This is kind of dissapointing. After this move, what is there to really look forward to in the movie biz? They've done every really big story they could really do...." Then the Narnia preview started and I was like, "Nevermind!!!!!!"