Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

N. Korea

Old 04-18-2003, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N. Korea

March 29: Pyongyang says it will resist all international demands to allow nuclear inspections.

April 5: North Korea says it won't recognize any ruling made by the U.N. Security Council.

April 18: North Korea says it has begun reprocessing spent fuel rods to make nuclear weapons.

good times .... suicide
Old 04-18-2003, 07:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Screw the DPRK.

Bunch o' sissies. They won't nuke the south, they WANT the land. Hell, if they nuke anything it'll be Japan to try to get our troops over there to help out.

Anyways, the nukes that they have and are developing are "Low Yield" nukes. Not the huge multi mega-ton thermonucular monsters the US and other countries have.

Not to mention, it's still a standing WELL known policy that if the US or it's forces are struck with Chem, Bio, or Nucular weapons, the people responsible will be Nuked. No questions asked.

Screw the DPRK.

gay
Old 04-18-2003, 09:32 AM

You have to understand that the US is in a very tight and dangerous situation here.

If the US attacks North Korea (with NUKES), do you really think that it will end the conflict? NO, the US will end up making more enemies. I strongly feel that if N.Korea gets attacked by the US, many, and I mean MANY South Koreans will view this against the US as with many other asian countries.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:19 AM

i think we shouldn't respond with nukes if any1 was attacked by n korea.....we should just drop a hell of a lot of non-nuclear weapons like daisy cutters and MOABs that still do the job, tho.

[ April 18, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: DJ Nogo ]
Old 04-18-2003, 10:54 AM

Neither of you 2 read what I told you.

Our policy of nucular retaliation is to KEEP people from using WMD on us. It's worked for a long time, and THIS president would sure as hell do it if it came to it.

The US won't attack N. Korea unless it has no other choice at all. Even though N. Korea (DPRK) is still talking all sorts of shiat, they are meeting with the US to work it all out in Bejing China. Why do they do this? Propaganda. Ohhh, we are dangerous too, pay attention to us!

If North Korea or any other country uses any sort of WMD on the US or it's Forces Deployed around the world, we will nuke them. End of story. Now, weather or not it's a small tactical nuke or a large thermonucular weapon is up for grabs. My bet, it'd be small. Will a nuke stop the war?

WWII.

Hmm...

If it doesn't stop one, it'll sure as hell clear some heads. Daisy Cutters and the MOAB are all cute psychological weapons to put catch phrases and big explosions in everyone's minds. The truth is, if it happens here, it'll be tank and infantry warfare, with alot of artillery and air support.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:23 PM

sorry man......i mispoke but i fixed it. but of course, big explosions rock. wink and of course, i'd never read what you said. you know that. tongue.gif

p.s. red MWAHAHAHA i put that quote in my sig before u could!!
Old 04-18-2003, 12:32 PM

I said I think it MIGHT be my new quote.

It's not. Mine's more orignal.

poke

off_topi
Old 04-18-2003, 05:09 PM

North Korea has been a PITA for a long time now.....nothing new really. You just hear about it more since the media is on a frenzy. The DPRK is nothing against the US. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan, they work with aging, inferior weapons. The only thing the DPRK does have working for them is the shear size of their military, of course this only means we'd have to drop a few more bombs and spend a couple of extra billion dollars to deal with them.

North Korea will talk a lot of smack and point a lot of fingers, but in the end it will work out to a peaceful resolution. If not, be assured that the US will have some better allies this time.

[ April 19, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: AllBlackTibby ]
Old 04-19-2003, 01:27 AM

REDZMAN:
if the US or it's forces are struck with Chem, Bio, or Nucular weapons, the people responsible will be Nuked. No questions asked.
owned lol the US kicks so much arse! lol
Old 04-21-2003, 02:01 PM

I think you guys are making the N. Korea situation to be smaller then it really is... Granted, their nukes are low yield nukes, nothing like ours, but dropping even one of those low yield nukes on Seoul, home to 10 million people would kill thousands. Don't forget, the North has 10,000 artillery weapons pointed at Seoul as well. And all we have to do is drop a few more bombs on their soldiers? N. Korea has a military the size of 1.1 million. As for their vastly inferior weapons.. We didn't win Vietnam for crying out loud. Are you saying Vietnamese had weapons equal to ours during that war? Granted our technology is vastly superior now, but still, 1.1 million isn't a number to mess around with. I'm not sure on our military's exact size, but we'd have to pull up reserves to have a million standing army if I'm correct.. And North Korea is smaller then the state of Colorado...

In 1994, President Clinton was extremely close to going to war with N Korea. basically due the actions N. Korea is doing now. His advisors estimated they would need to use all of South Korea's military, and half a million U.S. troops. They also estimated the loss of 52,000 American lives in the first 90 days of fighting. For crying out loud, Vietnam lasted years and we lost 58,000 troops. The CIA claims that N. Korea has a missle capable of hitting the west coast of the U.S. No offense but some of you guys seem to be amused by the fact that the U.S. may drop nukes on N. Korea. Yea, it's there as a deterent to keep a nuclear war from waging, but dropping one of our current day nukes on N. Korea will probably end up making Hiroshima and Nagasaki look like childs play. Also I highly doubt China would like it if the U.S. had trigger happy soldiers and nukes falling near/on their border.

[ April 21, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Pakman ]