Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

My Tib Craps Out On Me During The Perfect Times.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm leaving the radiologist to go to Wal*Mart since I had a work class meeting thing later in the afternoon. I needed "business casual" clothing, for only 2 days. I'm driving on a busy highway out here and my car starts shaking violently as a slow down. Then I start to accelerate and it goes slow as hell, still shaking, and my CEL is blinking. I drive a few miles to a local Super Wawa and call up my mom. Then I called my dad who initially thought it was the cats since it smelled like rotten eggs, and my exhaust was shaking. 2 hours later, my dad came with my siblings and we SLOWLY drove my Tib to the local Hyundai dealership. My mom called ahead and told them we were coming in.

There was a recall on my exhaust, so word... new manifold/catback crap for FREE. Yes. <3
And I had bad wiring somewhere (I wasn't about to ask... I'm not a genious under the hood), and spark plugs kind of died. Lovely.

I took my dad's Tracker to my work meeting and my boyfriend drove out here to give my dad a lift to the dealership to get my car, then brought my car to me at the work meeting and we switched. Yay the end. Car runs wonderfully now. Smoother and quieter than before.

Here's the funny part.
Tiburons don't last for long at dealerships around here. They sell FAST. Especially RD2's. The guys asked my dad when he went to pick my car up if I was interested in trading in my Tib for something, and then they asked how much they think I would give it up for. LOL. My dad laughed in their face like "She wouldn't give that up no matter what you offered her." Apparently also, my Tib is in beautiful condition for almost 67k, and for the year and blah blah. Plus, Rd2's sell VERY fast out here.

That was my day yesterday. It sucked, but it was alright in the end.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Glad everything worked out for you! smile.gif

I remember getting a call from a dealership and someone asking me if I wanted to trade my tib for something else because they needed more RD2's. I was like hell no lol. I dont know why they sell like hotcakes but I dont see any around in NJ.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:05 PM

I was going to suggest plugs when you said how the car was shaking, Toxic... glad it all worked out though.