Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

My little network.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My little network.

So yesterday i went and bought me all the stuff for my wireless network. Everything works like a champ. I have all broadcast secure my xbox and three comps all working good in house. I went with the Linksys G routers and of course the wireless lan cards for my laptops. Just though I should share for the network geeks out there.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

now that i know, i can finally sleep good tonight tongue.gif:
Old 03-27-2005, 07:55 PM

Now you just need a carpc, so you can transfer music wirelessly from your home pc to your Tib. smile.gif

I love this site: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

I'm running wireless for two pcs in my home, which are only used for browsing, but not my main one, which needs lots of bandwidth and no dropped packets.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ yep, wireless is awesome, unless u like to download A LOT or like gaming...then ur screw with unreablity at times and slower speeds, despite what they tell you. 02.gif
Old 03-27-2005, 10:20 PM

I noticed I can only download couple things at once. Still fast i download stuff at 300k to 400k a sec someties faster. But I can only do two things same time on the wireless side. Kinda of weird.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm loving it man. 3 PC's, 2 Xbox's and I'm gonna get the Hot Spot stuff for my Sidekick so I can use it with high speed wireless in the house.

I've got the linksys 54G router with 2 PC's wired to it, everything else is wireless.

One Xbox is hooked up G, and the other is B. No noticable difference at all.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (fonseca)
Now you just need a carpc, so you can transfer music wirelessly from your home pc to your Tib. smile.gif

I love this site: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

I'm running wireless for two pcs in my home, which are only used for browsing, but not my main one, which needs lots of bandwidth and no dropped packets.

that site is awesome!!!! laugh.gif: I'll have too look around there more, i've been wanting to do something like that for years!!!

edit: ohh, btw so i don't get too off topic, good job on the wireless. Make sure you use some protection man... you know, like wep or wpa. laugh.gif:
Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 PM

I am using the security def in this area. Gear adrift is a Marines gift same goes with wireless internet. I have exact same setup Redz great minds must think alike. I am running two laptops right now and have two xboxs I havn't had time yet to start running my desktops there still packed away. Next is my wireless printer scanner copier faxer.lol
Old 03-28-2005, 11:13 PM

Great link! Ive been wanting to do this for a while just working on other projects first. I just got all my wireless installed not to long ago and am fixing to change routers to the 108Mbps from netgear. Dad has one and i can game online with no issues as well as DL multiple things with out any problems. Just like being at my desktop! Thanks again for the GREAT link!