Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

My Japan Trip Diary

Old 01-04-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Here I sat on a Northwest boeing 747-400 Aircraft; just my luck, an American Anime group came along in my section of the plane. While the flight attendant looks through the plane to find me a new seat away from the anime group, they whip out their laptops and show each other anime movies. The beautiful flight attendant got me a new seat at the back of the plane. I sat next to a nice German fellow and we talked almost throughout the flight; the last 2 hours, he whips out his laptop and watches anime. I was going crazy.

The next day:

I reach Tokyo. The same Anime group who heard me spoke English to the flight attendant, started to talk to me in Japanese. I ran away as fast as I could. I stayed in the bathroom until the anime group was done with Immigration and customs.

December 29- January 3:

Everynight my friend, her friends and I drank Korean soju and ate sushi. We drank until we all started to kiss each other. After getting pissed drunk, we would go to a Karaoke room and sing all night. For some reason, Japanese girls are turned on when I yell at teh top of my lungs when singing Metallica, NIN and Linkin Park. During the days, I toured all of Tokyo. Too lazy to write about it now; I have jetlag.

January 4:

I arrive at the airport. After getting my bags checked in, I ran to the bar to get myself a nice cold glass of Guiness. My idiot arse decided to spend 40 dollars on 5 tall glasses of Guiness.

My Final thoughts: I hate it when people visit Japan because of their Entertainment industry. Also, Fast and the Furious : Tokyo Drift also gave a bad name to Japan. People should actually concentrate on real Japanese life and their culture. I'm sick and these stupid travelers.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sounds like your learning to be a little more tolerant toward the japanese.

and good job on the makeout session with your friend and her friends fing02.gif

as long as they were all chicks lmao.gif
Old 01-04-2007, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

im with alex on this one. hey man you got some pics im sure. post some up. and how were the japanese girls to you?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Damn if I knew you were going I have Dvds I need from there.

Hope you had fun.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 AM

Face it K-R people go to different countries for different things. Unfortunatly right now, Japanese Animation is sweeping the world (like it or not) and it is bringing a lot of attention to that tiny chain of islands (both good and bad)

If one in a thousand people who enjoy the animation actually grow beyond it enough to look at the people and culture that spawned it, that is a good thing. I like to consider myself one of those people. Yes, I have a LARGE collection of animation. but I also enjoy the traditional woodblock prints, I love the subtle simplicity of their poetry (there is more to it than just Haiku) and I have quite fallen in love with the people and how they managed to intertwine their traditional culture to the modern world.

Do other countries also have this? Of course. Just as you found people going to japan for the entertainment industry, people also go to Germany for their automotive lusts, France for their food, England to catch a glimpse of the royal family, Italy for the art (and the Roman Catholic Church).. it goes on and on and on.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Sounds like a good trip for you, good job.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:44 PM

I was suprised how much Seoul, Korea and Tokyo looked alot alike; the difference is that Seoul has a awesome night life whereas Tokyo stores and restaurants close at 2200. Also, Tokyo has more lights and is a bigger city than Seoul. The one thing that I almost cried about is that the Japanese treated me more as an American rather than a Korean. I was so happy.

I almost got into a fight when some punk Japanese dude touched my friend's breast and ran off into the dark. He was a faster sucker. Other then that, Japan was cool; I still do think Japan is way overrated though and Seoul is underrated.

Face it K-R people go to different countries for different things. Unfortunatly right now, Japanese Animation is sweeping the world (like it or not) and it is bringing a lot of attention to that tiny chain of islands (both good and bad)

If one in a thousand people who enjoy the animation actually grow beyond it enough to look at the people and culture that spawned it, that is a good thing. I like to consider myself one of those people. Yes, I have a LARGE collection of animation. but I also enjoy the traditional woodblock prints, I love the subtle simplicity of their poetry (there is more to it than just Haiku) and I have quite fallen in love with the people and how they managed to intertwine their traditional culture to the modern world.

Do other countries also have this? Of course. Just as you found people going to japan for the entertainment industry, people also go to Germany for their automotive lusts, France for their food, England to catch a glimpse of the royal family, Italy for the art (and the Roman Catholic Church).. it goes on and on and on.

True, but still, I haven't met one person who goes to Japan mainly for their culture and people. The 99% of the Japanese, just live in Japan, just to live. They don't care that they're Japanese. My friend thinks alot of foreigners are idiots because of that.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:43 PM

that's like anyplace. To many people, the US is a strange and exotic place.. to most of us, it is just home.

I am intending on getting over to Japan next year. I am NOT going for the entertainment, but to actually stay and learn something. I want to stay in a Ryokan, take in a few hot springs, and maybe see a couple of shrines.

if I stay long enough, maybe pick up a girlfriend while I am there
Old 01-06-2007, 10:18 PM

^^ That's another thing. When many Japanese women date a Caucasian-American, they feel so proud of it. (that's what my Japanese friend said). The Japanese just love American stuff.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I had a friend wh went for the culture. He went into a park and had to run from a Bear. But he went because he'd alwasy wanted to go there and watch some of their fighting style. He also drives an 06' SE. Haha... funny coincidence.

Glad you had a good time and kept out of trouble. So you had a make out session with two girls? hahaha... great stuff. that must have been the height of your trip.

photos? that would be cool. yeah i have to agree, people who see fast and furious and dragonball and think they're japanese need to realize they're not and Japan is purely culture and tradition.