Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

This is my goodbye Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is my goodbye Thread

Hey everyone. My, how the time flies. I can't remember the last time I logged in to RDTib, let alone H.A. or even H.P. Things have changed a bit in this scene, I can tell, though it's nice to see some familiar names on the forums still. For the past few years, my Tiburon has been slowly dying. I've been too busy to keep up with it. Now it is time to put her down. There will be a part out for all the aftermarket/OEM parts, but that's not what this thread is about.

I decided to write a little memoir of my time with Hyundai. I have finished part one. Here is a link to it. http://thaifoodninja.com/post/324007...ooked-h-part-1 I hope you like it.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo

Great writing bro can't wait for the part 2! Seems like your past is where I an now except I probably have spent way more on the Tib lol
Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM

It's always sad to see someone leave the community, and retire their tib
Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

That is well written, to bad your leaving and parting her out. What are you gunna do with the rest of the car, im looking for a project at the right price.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:56 PM

thanks everyone, I will probably work on part 2 sometime this coming week. It's sad, but after 180k+ on the chassis, she's giving up the ghost.

Originally Posted by HotBlue02
That is well written, to bad your leaving and parting her out. What are you gunna do with the rest of the car, im looking for a project at the right price.

I'm guessing a lot of the parts are going to go, so there won't be much left of the car. Seriously, I wouldn't recommend this as a project, the frame is weak (constantly going up an awkward driveway that leaves one wheel in the air, at this point the whole car creaks), the steering rack is totally shot, there is body rust along the wheel wells.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:21 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm up north too and unfortunately it's a bad place to keep a car overtime, especially in the city where there are potholes, curbs, construction, salt, dirt, pollen, leaves and muck in the fall...etc.

Really cool journal. Unfortunately, it doesn't make sense to keep old cars, especially nowadays where they have timing chains, more efficiency...etc. My family had an Excel and I remember when the Tiburon and Elantra first came out, what a step up! Those were such great times because they were the sleekest looking cars after the boxy 1980's and early 90's. You see them on the streets now and they look like tiny POS beaters but back then all cars were small and these looked so modern. I will always have a special love for them, even the Accents.

I remember Arcticchill. Great guy.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Nice lil read man!, cant wait to read the rest of the rd story!.