Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

My First Time ...

Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra 2000

Warning LONG post!!!!!

So ... today I finished work and decided I wouldn't cook myself a meal, I am passing in front of a McDo every time I go to work and they had that special on cheeseburger with bacon ...

So I stop there and wait for my cheese, I finally left with the "tasty" (yeah right! lol) cheese and headed home.

So now it's around 6h50 and as always pass in front of the appartment front door and see no lights (my roomates gets home late) and I enter the appart from the backdoor, so here I am at entering the appart hen I hear someone yell :

"F*** there's someone!"

So it take me a second to realise that it's ****ing theives, that my computer is beside the backdoor ready to be taken out and that the guy is running to the front door ...

Without thinking I start running after the guy I see (the other one was in the basement as I learned afterwards).

What I'm running for now is a dude with a big rapper coat and a bag in his hand, my only thoughts : get that ****er and beat ten shades of **** out of him.

I finally catch up with the guy, we're turning in circles around a car, I'm on the phone with 911.

The guy tells me "I'll drop the bag and you'll let me go"
my answer?
"**** you, I'm with the cops right now ..." and I got tranfered.

When he saw me hesitated ('cause the cop is now talking to me) he drops the bag and run for his ***. I tried to run after him be he had a bigger adrenaline boost then mine! lollll

So I finally talk to the cop while I'm heading back home with the bag in hand : it was filled with LOTS of change, maybe around 10lbs of coins, no wonder I catched him that fast!

So I entered the appart waiting for the cops, I took a look around to see what was missing and everything seems to be there, things were just being packed!

The landlady (and owner) comes to me all frighten, I tell her what happened and she start to feel guilty and all 'cause she as home (the appart just above us) she heard the bang when they busted the door open but she was listening to her iPod and thought it was someone closing the front common door (the door is hard to close sometimes and you have to slam it so it'll close)

So from Annie (the owner) I learned that I got here like 10 minutes MAX after the busted the door...

So right now one of my roomate is here but nothing is missing from his room or his stock in the basement, I'm only missing my copy of GT4 and my memory card but I think it's at work 'cause I brought it at work to play at my lunch break.

We still don't kno if stuff is missing from my other roomate room 'cause we can't join him and he's not home yet ... so my PC is ok and I'm not missing anything ... hell they took the time to unplug the PC but didn't touch the Mac (which is worth a LOT more than the PC! loll) they even didn't touch my digital cam and the 200$ CPU that as laying there on my desk!

Anyway, I'm now eating my re-heated cheeses and calming myself don, man my lungs feels like there in fire!!!

Oh and apparently we're not the first ones that they robbed, just the first that caught them! cool.gif

EDIT : so it's 1:30 am and I still can't sleep! 02.gif
Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 PM

Man, that sucks... but hey at least you didnt lose anything... Damn those are some dumb crooks...take 10lbs of change instead of a Digital cam and CPU? lmao.gif
Old 02-22-2007, 11:53 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Holy cow!!!! Wait so did you catch them, did they ever get caught or did they run off?

damn you're soooo lucky!!! But you never know they might have guns you know. I almost caught some robbers robbing my neighbors house but i was damn asleep. they went though my yard too because my dogs sniffed their path. stupid asses took a broken t.v. and didn't touch the most expensive one!!

hey it's good you or your roommate didn't get hurt and nothing got taken. i think it's about time for security measures.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:04 AM

Man that sucks. Glad all your stuff was there.
But this is why I think all people sould have firearms to defened you and your stuff. BTW I got an AK-47 and a Mauser. Tho I would not shoot anyone (unless they pointed a gun or came at me with a knife) a shot in the air or just pointing at them would do the trick.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:42 AM

That sucks man, but it's good to know that you will be able to react in that type of situation, some people would just freeze, panic and not give chase. ^ an AK-47 and a Mauser are not good for home defense and can be very dangerous if fired in a residential area, if you shoot someone the bullet will pass right through them and kill someone in the house next door, for home defense I use my glock 9mm, sprngfeild .45 tactical, or my 12ga shotgun with some good OObuckshot.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 AM

lolll you guys are quite funny, even if I had a gun I wouldn't be able to do anything, the guy was already out of the house when I started running, I'm in Canada so even if I could have had a gun I would be arrested for using it outside AND not using for a defence purpose, the guy just ran away, he never threatened me in any way, I was the pissed off dude that wanted him dead! lollll

I caught up with the one I saw (the other one went the other way and I never saw him as he was in the basement) but he just ran away after I confronted him, he dropped the bag and ran for his life! lolll

My other roomate arrived earlier and we checked and found out that some PS2 games are missing but that's it ... so I'm missing my GT4 game and I'm quite sure it's not at work.

My roomate have like 200$ in coins ... he just hid them and he'll change that next week, they even left a pile of US money that was beside the coins (150$ in bills and they chose the coins! lolll)

So for now, the door was temporally repaired, someone will come tomorrow to repair our door frame (the door is ok but the frame is all busted) and to install better lock, they will also repair the hallway door that have some closing problems (they didn't force the hallway door as it wasn't closed properly, they just busted our apt door when they were inside the building, from there no one can see you from outside).

So we lost a few PS2 games (1 for me) but at least we still have the valuable things!

This w/e I'll do what I've been wanting to do from quite some time now but never did : take pictures of my valuables stuff and keep those pictures in a safe place just in case someting like that happen again!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yea.... dont run after crooks... my neighbor almost got killed with a lead pipe by a thief that was trying to jack my other neighbor's rims. The thief got his anyway, he got caught and was later informed that the guy he beat down with a pipe.... was an off duty state trooper. haha

they can take my stuff... i value my life more than a bag of my stuff.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

wish you caught him but atleast nothing was stolen.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 AM

depends on what was stolen... if it was my tib key's or something then I'd give chase tongue.gif as for using a gun, that would just cause escalation like it always does.. (like they said in batman begins) cool.gif
Old 02-23-2007, 11:51 PM

^^^

My spare car key was on my computer desk, they didn't touched it

And you're right, guns wouldn've helped ...

EDIT :

The crime scene investigation drop by this evening to check if they could find fingerprints on the coin's pot, on my PC and on the Logitech Joystick box.

Unfortunately she didn't found anything, so she pretty much just dirtied my PC and the whole Joystick Box (the pots too but we just threw them away) ... she said it's mostly because it's winter, with that much cold criminals sweat a lot less then summer so less fingerprints are found, also mostly because they have touched a lot of things before they got to the pots/PC/box ...

At least they (the cops) tried!!!