Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

my clubgtr front totaled? how to reglass?

Old 09-25-2004, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS : stock parts and other stuff

ok im broke as a joke right now and i just decided taking 60 while gassing it in my car around a turn would b cool and i ran in the curb that was like ehh say shaped like a brick and 8 inchs high? well ya i did that and it ripped the bottom lip off ripped the bumper off my car in 1 spot cracked it spider webed it and everything but im going to fix it .. cuz im so cheap. So how do i do this ? i took the bumper off along w/ my skirts and its pretty bad but im sure it can be fixed i just need a list of materials and like a how to , to fix this? thanks a lot guys ... i guess i made a big mistake eh? lol
Old 09-25-2004, 01:26 PM

Default my clubgtr front totaled? how to reglass?

wow thats some bad luck man , i'd probably end up getting new fiberglass pieces getting them repainted and everything else fixed. Take it to a autobody shop, i wouldn't recomennd dooing it urself if you have no idea what 2 do.

Expesially if you had fitment problems in the past, or get a new kit that fits a++ so tha you can do it urself. Everything else on the car is undamaged? Got pics?? :pic:
Old 09-25-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: FS: 1997 Tiburon in Central NY

well i think i screwed up my left wheel its like touching the fenderwhell right now when i move the wheel i dont know whats going on . ya i dont know much about reglassing ubt taking it to a body shop would be like 5x more expensive and im not going to buy another front again erebuni took like 2 months to get it in right...

well this is what i think im going to im going to try to like glue the pieces together w/ fiberglass resin that i have here sand it down do it again sand it primer it sand it and hopefully i can get the stuff looking right for a new paint. i got a friend who is going to help repaint the kit but i think ima see if i can do a differnt color mayb .. but now i think im selling the car w/ the vside skirts on
Old 09-25-2004, 03:20 PM

Default Re: FS: 1997 Tiburon in Central NY

hmm you're from Ohio i see... well I have a Club GTR front bumper for sale... I'll let it go for $225 if you pick it up smile.gif
Old 09-26-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Re: 500 MEMBERS!!! *Whore it up for the week!*

Sorry to hear about your misshap, but maybe you should save some money and enter yourself into an Advanced driving course.

Just a thought. :roll:
Old 09-27-2004, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Alpine supercharger....anybody have one???

ha umm i make my own course ? lol
Old 09-27-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Uploaded pics of my white tib

dude, what part of ohio are you from? i swear i've seen your car before.

just remember murphy's law: anytime you try to do something cool, you get kicked in the ass for it.

i think you def need to get it taken in and looked at....i know a place in fairfield if you live near there...i think they do body work
Old 09-27-2004, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Air Ride Tib..finaly got pics

your strut is probably pounded. that's what happened to mine when i hit the curb head on. you might want to get the struts checked out at sears for free before you try fixing the body.

yes, i reccomend finding an auto body shop. they can repair just about anything. you just need the money. it might be cheaper than ordering replacements.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: my clubgtr front totaled? how to reglass?

well if u decide to sellthe side skirts... im in serious need for some... i live in northern KY and i will pick them up
Old 09-27-2004, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Vinyl? How do I put it on my dash?

why is this still in OT?