Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Is My Car A Write Off?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I was at work today and one of the builders employees backed into my car. I know the guy fairly well and he felt really bad about it. Anyways, he hit it with a company vehicle so there are no problems regarding insurance, I'm just wondering if they'll write it off or not. I don't think so, but my boss was willing to put a $5000 bet on it that they will... So should I take the bet???

Damage is:
-Cracked Bumper
-Dented Fender
-Dented Hatch
-Broken Spoiler
-Broken Taillight and Bulbs

Sad too cause I just bought a Turbo manifold yesterday, I'm going to park it for the winter, buy a truck and mount a snail on it over the winter.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 PM

I doubt they will write it off.. but even if they do, you can buy it back and fix it with the money you got from the cheque they will give you for it.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

doubt it's a write off, but then again that depends on your record. they've written off my sister's car for nearly the same thing so my dad actually earned money on the accident. we don't pay insurance for nothing now.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Yeah I will definitely buy it back and fix it if it is a write off... I'm fairly handy with FG and bondo, so either way I'll probably end up fixing it all myself. the only thing is the hatch is fairly dented in one corner, i dont know if that will just bend back into place...
Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Doubtful, but i wouldnt take a stupid bet like that, because if they do write it off and you lose the bet, you just lost all the money you just got from the insurance, lol.

And i moved this to off topic, theres no performance aspect of this thread.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Humm, write off no.. Probably not. But that dent where the light is at will be rediculous to fix. They'd only write it off if the damnage was more than the cars worth. I doubt its going to be more than 3k of damage