Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

My 4 Day Trip To Vegas

Old 11-09-2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted another topic with a bunch of pics of the cars at the show, but I just felt like posting up about my trip specifically. A couple months ago I was walking around Lowes and randomly got a call from one of the owners of Vertical Doors Inc. He asked me if I'd be able to come in and give them some advice on a new company that they just started. I ended up coming in, and agreed to partner up with them on an even bigger project than they'd originally planned. So I've been down at the shop on average about 2 days a week lately, working on the new company, and as a partner, I'm not making any money until the new company is making money. I just got my payoff smile.gif

I woke up on tuesday and drove to Louis house, and not long after I showed up, our friend Hoover showed up. He brought his 300C Limo and Anthony, our driver for the week. He rents out Limos through his company www.hooverentertainment.com Very cool stuff. So we make one stop to pick up my buddy Augie, and off we go towards Vegas. The total drive time is about 4 hours in a limo. The limo is pretty sick inside:

We did stop at Del Taco on the way in, thank God, cause I'd have been sick the whole trip otherwise. I ate just enough to soak up all the coffee and acid in my stomach. So we finally roll into town, and we stopped at the hotel to make sure everyone had on our VDI shirts:

Man, it was kinda nice getting dropped off by the limo right in front of SEMA. We were in pretty much the first hall (North). We passed our friends GTR on the way in, right next to a black Genesis. We get to the booth, and we have a brand new 2010 Camaro and 300C with the front and rear doors. The booth is pretty much crowded, since the Camaro was the only one at the show with the Vertical Doors, and our model was plenty hot:

Lisa Angeline was seriously a straight up Pro. I've met and dealt with a lot of model since that's what my wife did for the 10 years prior to being a mom. Lots of the car models just throw on some trashy clothes and stick out their tits and ass. Angela always talked crap on car models since they didn't have to be professional hardly at all. Lisa though, was rad. Great with customers, handing out brochures, then demonstrating the product. The crowds loved her, and the pro photographers kept talking to me about how well she was doing. Needless to say, our booth was busy for 4 days straight. I wasn't there to sell, but seeing as how I'm both a user of the product (Vertical Doors) and a distributor, I actually more than paid my way for the trip doing business there. I was able to open a couple international accounts, and even did an interview with a French TV show, lol. SEMA's something else that's for sure.

So after about a half day, we made our way back to the hotel, checkin in, and were pleasantly surprised at the balcony and the view. We were on the 20th floor at the Sahara. I ended up just stayin in that night, and drinking and stuff at the room. Turns out Louis friend Dan that was hanging out with us, is the owner of Chaser Aerodynamics, lol. Needless to say, he and I spoke about some new business together wink1.gif

The show was seriously the best experience I've ever had in Las Vegas. I made the company a bunch of money, and in return, I got to basically party like a rock star for 4 days. We actually only went out one night to a SEMA party. We had a ton of people, and couldn't fit in the limo, so me and another friend of ours just went with Lisa and Cia and their friend to get to the club. On the way, this girl seriously, drove us, made calls, and did everything she could to make sure that about 20+ people could get in. That's no easy feat, but when we showed up, and the first 5 of us got in, she had her friend Tony (owner of DUB) let in the rest of the crew. Drinks were like 15 bucks a pop, but it was sick non the less. Sexy gogo dancers and loud ass music. Seriously a great time, and everyone had a blast.

Next night we didn't do the club thing, but went out to PF Changs and basically had our own party there. I think we had about 18 people, and a cooler of beer in the limo so we could drink while we waited for the table. At dinner we must have pissed off damn near everyone in the building, lol, bunch of corporate suites. Crazy good food, funny people, and we even told them it was Louis' B-day. So at the end of it all, we had them bring out a shot glass of cake with candles for him LMAO.

The last day I just snapped some pics of the girls I kept passing. My boy Augie got some pics with a bunch of em. The Barton girl was tired from the show I'm sure, but she was definitely a bit stuck up. She's another of the VDI models from past years.

Even the girls walking around were pretty hot, lol

Here's Lisa friend Cia after she wrapped up her job for the show and came by,

On the way home, I was pretty burnt out. Our friend flew past in his GTR, lol, bastard. I tried to get a pic:

All in all, I couldn't have had a better time. Business should be pretty cool in the months to come based on this show. Man, my stomach and lungs need some R&R tho, I ate like an ogre and smoked like a chimney, lol. Finally friday night at around 8:30-9, I got home just in time to see my little boy before he went to bed for the night. It was good to be home, and have my lady. All those women in Vegas, and I had to wait 4 days to get some, HAHA!

-FIN

Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Good to see things are going well.

Lisa IS awesome, I've talked to her a few times, both online and in person, and she's genuinely an intelligent lady with a good head on her shoulders.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:23 PM

Hell yeah, where'd you meet her? Seriously everyone loves that girl.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Very angry you didnt tell me you were coming to SEMA, I woulda paid my way in with your account or w/e. Let me know next time. Its a 5 min drive from home!

Also, now that your buddy buddy with the ower of chaser, want to tickle his pickle so he can cut me some slack on a hood or 2 for my cars!?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:37 PM

I had a good chat about that stuff with him. I'm gonna definitely start moving his hyundai line since nobody else does. Got some cool options for you guys:

Reg CF, or any color weave, OR kevlar. On any of the parts on his site. And I think he's gonna cut ME some slack, so that I can cut you guys some slack wink1.gif Then he can keep his Chaser prices higher, and the same with FlyRyde, but I'll be able to give you guys some killer discounts because of the forums.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

I never said I wanted a hood for the tib...

Its one for my VR4
Old 11-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm gonna need a new hood in the next year too, my headers are burning through my current one, and I've got a few cracks and such.

QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Nov 9 2009, 01:23 PM)
Hell yeah, where'd you meet her? Seriously everyone loves that girl.

Nopi Nationals, Nopi Denver, Nopi Phoenix, and here in Albuquerque.

She's from ABQ.