Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Mule vs Mountain Lion

Old 02-16-2005, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Mule vs Mountain Lion

Forget a dog I want one of these.

These pics came from a guy in AZ. Yes, the mule killed the mountain lion. The lion had been stalking them for the better part of the morning, on the way out to a hunt. They were pretty sure it was after one of the dogs. The cat ambushed them, and the mule pictured tossed its rider and went into attack (defense) mode, the horses scattered and shots were fired but no one was sure if they hit the cat or not. Unfortunately, it wasn't until it was almost over that one of the guys started snapping pics. The mule finally stomped the cougar to death after biting and throwing it around like a rag doll. The dogs wouldn't even come close until the mule settled down.

The cat was still alive here and trying to fight back

The mule stomped the cat then pinned it to the ground and bit the heck out of the dead cat several more times.

The cat was pretty much dead by now then mule picked up the cat again whipped it

into the air again then stomped the dead cat again for good measure!

Note the dog audience.... Gives new meaning to the phrase "BAD A$$"....
Old 02-16-2005, 07:13 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

Thats Awsome, Seeing How My Last Name Is Mule!!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:15 AM

thats tight, thats a overgrown mule, it looks more like a horse then a normal breed mule. i actualy wanted to get a exotic large cat as a pet at one point butt he costs are way to high for upkeep. Cool find.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I wouldn't want to get near that horse.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:18 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Lol! I can tell you are in the AF by what you post. Every email I get like that ends up posted. laugh.gif: That is crazy though that the mule killed the mountain lion.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:18 AM

QUOTE (tanc)
I wouldn't want to get near that horse.

it was a mule... a pretty insane mule... i want one of those
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 AM

That mule kicked some ass...no pun intended..
Old 02-16-2005, 08:36 AM

poor, humiliated kitty

02.gif

I would have loved to have seen that fight though.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Good stuff, but old news.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:00 AM

I'm a little unsure about this.

Unless I saw a video of the entire thing, from beginning to end, I'd have a hard time believing it.

A cougar is much more agile, and a heck of a lot quicker than any clumsy mule. When cats attack something, they do not slowly walk up to it and try to instigate a fight. They are sneaky, and and get as close as possible, then strike with lightning speed; speed that a mule would be no match for.

I cannot, for anything, imagine this cat circling the mule, waiting to attack, then suddenly the mule barges in and starts attack the cat. A)The cat would come from the side or from behind, and the mule couldnt turn around fast enough. b)The cat, if threatened, could easily and quickly run away.

*EDIT*

A closer look, and it seems there is some rope or something around the mount lion. Clearly *something* is wrapped around it. Perhaps it was trapped?

A closer looks shows the claws to be retracted. The cat is obviously dead at this point.

Besides, given the quality of the pictures, they were not taken with a high-zoom lense that would require a tripod. The photographer is very close to the scene. Who is going to get this close to a mountain lion, while looking through a camera (small view finder keep in mind, no LCD here), without the lion being restrained in some way (or already dead)?

Looks like a successful mountain lion hunt to me.