Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Movie You Want To See If You Can Take It

Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My gf wanted to take me to this moive (Sweeney Todd) and we went with her dad. The movie started out good, like it was going to be a happy kinda film. than the singing came, very good btw i don't care what you say and the music is great to go along with the singing numbers. About half way though thats when it got really gross. i don't mind movies with gore, but the way tim burton did the movie made it somewhat disturbing. its definitely not a happy movie because of the ending but when i walked out, i was basically in shock and so was her dad. my gf was fine and said she like the movie and i just said i hated it because of the gore. but looking back and thinking about the movie, it was really well done and i liked it. there is also alot of people who are from harry potter, but they sing really well. also the guy from borat did a surprisingly good job and johnny depth did a good job too. i like it and i'm happy my girlfriend took me smile.gif
Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

Sweeney Todd is a famous, old play. Tim Burton wanted to recreate the play aspect, so that's why there's a lot of singing.
I'm suprised you didn't know it was a horror musical - it gets a lot of attention for that. Plus there were many previews, and with a name of "Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of fleet street" i'm unsure as to how you thought it was going to be happy hahaha

Favourite part of the movie: Mrs. Lovett (Tim Burton's wife) singing about her pie emporium and how people are starting to notice that her neighbours are going missing, plus what she puts in those pies. "Them pussy-cats is quick!" hahahaha

Love Johnny Depp in this one... i actually like him in all the movies i've seen him in, with the exception of the remade Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Also on a side note: anyone notice how many actors were also in the Harry Potter movies? I counted at least 3...

Overall i give it 4 stars, pushing more to 5. fing02.gif
Old 02-03-2008, 01:04 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

best musical ive seen in a long time and the gore was so fake i quite enjoyed it. o and dont forget about that awsome blonde kid. he was my favorate character. i focused on form the moment he came into the story.