Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

THE MOON IS HOLLOW

Old 05-24-2010, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Accent
Default THE MOON IS HOLLOW

People who believe this are nuts2.gif

Shifty.gif fp.gif chairhit.gif

The Spaceship Moon Theory, also known as the Vasin-Shcherbakov Theory, is a pseudoscientific theory that claims the Earth's moon may actually be an alien spacecraft. The theory was put forth by two members of the then Soviet Academy of Sciences, Michael Vasin and Alexander Shcherbakov, in a July 1970 article entitled "Is the Moon the Creation of Alien Intelligence?".[citation needed]

Vasin and Shcherbakov's thesis was that the Moon is a hollowed-out planetoid created by unknown beings with technology far superior to any on Earth. Huge machines would have been used to melt rock and form large cavities within the Moon, with the resulting molten lava spewing out onto the Moon's surface. The Moon would therefore consist of a hull-like inner shell and an outer shell made from metallic rocky slag. For reasons unknown, the "Spaceship Moon" was then placed into orbit around the Earth.[citation needed]

In 1975, Don Wilson published "Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon" in which he compiled what he considered supporting facts for this theory."

Criticisms

Suniti Karunatillake and Dr. Karen Masters have both researched and based on continuing analyses of its size, mass, geology and gravitational field, both believe that the scientific evidence indicates that the Moon cannot be hollow.

Spaceship Moons in literature

In the series by Science fiction author David Weber, Heirs of Empire, the moon is in fact a giant space ship arriving 50,000 years ago. The population of Earth are the descendants of the crew of the ship, who abandoned it after it was damaged in a mutiny. In these books the moons are artificial constructs which are given a rocky outer coating as a form of camouflage. The three books in the series are Mutineers Moon, The Armageddon Inheritance and Heirs of Empire.

A craft named Aurora exists at Area 51 which makes regular trips into space. ...Our pilots have made interplanetary voyages in these craft and have been to the Moon, Mars, and other planets aboard these craft. We have been lied to about the true nature of the Moon...

There are areas on the Moon where plant life grows and even changes color with the seasons. This seasonal effect is because the Moon does not, as claimed, always present the exact same side to the earth or the sun. There is an area that wobbles in and out of darkness on a seasonal basis and it is near this area that the plant life grows. The Moon does have a few man-made lakes and ponds upon its surface and clouds have been observed and filmed in its atmosphere. It possesses a gravitational field and man can walk upon its surface without a space suit breathing from an oxygen bottle after undergoing decompression the same as any deep sea diver. I have seen the photographs and some of them were actually published in the book "We Discovered Alien Bases on the Moon" by Fred Steckling.

In 1969 a confrontation broke out between the human scientists and the aliens at the Dulce underground lab. The aliens took many of our scientists hostage. Delta forces were sent to free them but were no match against the alien weapons. 66 of our people were killed during this action. As a result we withdrew from all joint projects for at least 2 years. A reconciliation eventually took place and once again we began to interact. Today the alliance continues.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Funny that you bring this up cause I read somewere about nasa research infact looking into the moon reverberateing like a bell during experiments. to me this suggest a hollow interior. It being an alien ship however is a lil out there.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I for one love conspiracy theories. I dont believe in very many of them, but I think they're interesting. I do think the government knows about extraterrestrial life...whether its them visiting us on Earth, or of nearby planets with them.....but this theory about the moon being an alien aircraft is straight up idiotic! headshake.gif
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

nonsense. but...

I do think the government knows about extraterrestrial life...whether its them visiting us on Earth, or of nearby planets with them

you know it! i'm sure most of us have had some unexplainable sights or experiences, mostly better left unsaid.