Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Might have to say goodbye to my Tib... 8^(

Old 01-27-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might have to say goodbye to my Tib... 8^(

Well, it's official... I've missed 3 payments now. Got the call today. I have 24 hours (as of 4:30pm PT) to come up with about a grand (after fees)

I just can't see it happening... no matter how hard I think. I never thought I'd be out of work THIS long, but I DEFINATELY didn't think my unemployment would get denied either, or my car donation last year turning out to not benefit me in the slightest. When it rains, it pours though I guess.

Kinda' makes me nautious, really. (I was gonna' put this in gripes, but I'm not really griping. Just stating the news really.)

I'll let you guys know if anything changes dramaticly and I get to keep the car. Do any of you know how that whole repossesion thing works? Do you get ANY chance to get it back?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:55 PM

Ohhh man Alpha, I hope you can come up with the money somehow..good luck
Old 01-27-2005, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My dad got a car repoed when he was younger..he said that they auction it off (for cheap) soon after they repo it, so that they dont have to pay to store it, then they take your remaining balance subtract what they got at auction and send you a bill for the rest. my dad just threw the bill away and they never bothered him again. he still has great credit but it was like 25 years ago so i dont know about that....sorry to hear it...not having a jobbie sucks...
Old 01-27-2005, 10:10 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to think of ANY way....
Old 01-27-2005, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, they repo then sell it at auction. You can go to the auction and bid on your car if you want. Depending on how many miles are on it and if you modified it, you might be able to get it for cheaper than 1k.

My dad buys car/resells them. I've went to a few "dealer" auctions where they sell cars they get traded in. Most 2001 Civics with like 30k-50k miles go for around 2000-3000. Eclipses go for a similar amount. If you've got a 100,000 mile, modified car (selling cars w/ modifications brings down price usually), you might have a small chance of getting it if your lucky.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 PM

QUOTE (hamhead)
Yeah, they repo then sell it at auction. You can go to the auction and bid on your car if you want. Depending on how many miles are on it and if you modified it, you might be able to get it for cheaper than 1k.

My dad buys car/resells them. I've went to a few "dealer" auctions where they sell cars they get traded in. Most 2001 Civics with like 30k-50k miles go for around 2000-3000. Eclipses go for a similar amount. If you've got a 100,000 mile, modified car (selling cars w/ modifications brings down price usually), you might have a small chance of getting it if your lucky.

really.....????

well that does make sense... hhmmm
Old 01-27-2005, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

sell it?

that sucks. i'm in high water w/ debt.... but i seem to always have enough for a car payment...except this month. i need my mom to bail me out 02.gif

we've all got our problems. good luck
Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Sparticus)
sell it?

that sucks. i'm in high water w/ debt.... but i seem to always have enough for a car payment...except this month. i need my mom to bail me out 02.gif

we've all got our problems. good luck

i always did until now!

and that whole mom thing isn't an option, unfortunately. you'd better thank her viciously! haha
Old 01-27-2005, 10:24 PM

Just to be on the safe side Alpha, you should get any performance parts out and replace them with the stock ones since you have less then 24hrs
Old 01-27-2005, 10:25 PM

QUOTE (CyberShark)
Just to be on the safe side Alpha, you should get any performance parts out and replace them with the stock ones.

yeah, i'm gonna' do that tomorrow.

i'm also going to put it in the garage and throw the club on it. 8^) buy me some time....

it's not illegal to park in my own garage, last i checked.

*EDIT* and by the way... if i do loose it, i've got a Type-R wing, intake, and a bunch of other stuff for sale. might work out well for you kids.