Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Might Be Getting A New Tib Soon

Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need two working cars. For me to take public transporation if my BMW goes down or is taken down for work would take me too far out of the way and take too long for me to make it anywhere on time.

So, no pics yet, I am still waiting to hear from the owner.. but I found another 99 Dark Green Tiburon for sale. It has a bad transmission and needs some bodywork, but it looks a LOT like mine did (at one time). The asking price is cheap and I am sorely tempted.

Somedays I really miss my old tib. If only I could combine the good looks of the tib with the handling of the Bimmer...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:01 PM

Tibimmer FTW. If only there was such a thing.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Do all suspension work to the tib....or better yet use bimmer parts laugh.gif

Anyways I hope you get another Tib, especially a green one. Nobody else really has that color
Old 06-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Unlike your tib.. mine was the Dark Forest Green.. it had almost a pearl sheen to it. A very pretty and subtle colour..

just for reference...

That was my tib not long before I wrecked her.. hopefully I can get the new one looking even better (if I get it)

I am thinking the Bronze FN01C in a nice 17 would look b****en on a dark green car
Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Bronze will look nice, but you need the tib first smile.gif Goodluck on getting it fing02.gif
Old 06-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Have you considered a GK? I'm thinking about trading my car in for a 2006 model in the next year or so if I can get one at the right price.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:00 AM

While I like the looks of the GK.. I hate the interiors. While you can stare at a car longingly for hours, washing, waxing, and babying it with a nappie.. you still have to climb in and drive it. Once you are in, you do not see the bodywork anymore.

Sorry, but the interior of the GK is THAT much of a turnoff for me. Plus most of the GK owners around here are either women (not a bad thing) or compleate arses.. (a very bad thing)
Old 06-26-2007, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Same here, the GK's are very plain on the interior. I DO like the red leather on the new 07's, but still, it's not enough.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

hmm I LOVE GK INTERIORS!!! lol
Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 AM

finally talked to the owner. Car needs a new trans as the driver of the car (his son) never replaced the gear oil and ran it dry.. one of the internal gears welded itself and broke apart, putting a hole in the case.

The interior is dirty, but cleanable.

The exterior bears the scars of too much time spent in a dorm parking lot. I am going to need a new Driver's door and the fender behind it has a couple of nasty dents that will need to be knocked out, cleaned up, and then I can get the car repainted.

Overall I am excited. IMHO 99 is the best year. It does not have the funky captive rotors or the charcoal canister in the front fender, nor is it an RD2. (sorry guys, I still do not like the looks of the Rd2) It is also better put together than the earlier cars.

I got plans.. everything I wanted to do to my old 99 is going to be done here.. includinga few things nobody else has tried..