Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Midnightmoneymadness

Old 09-07-2006, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I was watching tbs at night because the british chick is damn hot. it's called midnightmoneymadness and the hosts give cluse to answers and people telephone in at .99cents a phonecall. Just tonight the answer was soooo easy. I was fixing on calling in but I was hesitant to think it was some kind of scam.

MidnightMoneyMadness

A registrant has a 1:10 chance of being called back after submitting an entry. If selected, the registrant will be called and will become a participant. Participants stay on the line listening to a recorded message until they are either let on the air as a contestant or dropped from the participant pool.

Someone called and got my answer, apparently the hosts said they would send the person a check for $500! WTF??! What's the trick behind this?

I just wanted to add, the chick is really really smokin' hot.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:04 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dont want to watch the video, so what was the question?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:33 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Tiburon/RD1

They have these stuff here too.
Those girls are allways friggin' hot!!! There is one, she is the best, she can talk so good (and look good) that makes you wanna call her.

They say it's not a scam, just so many people call that the $500 is actually a little bit of what came in that evening.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:27 AM

i think that when you call your telephone gets drawn out of straws. and the chances are little until they put you on the air. maybe that's how they make their money by charging everyone .99c per call. but still yesterday i don't think anyone called as they were running out of time really fast without any calls.

and the chick. i just love her british accent!! it's so hot!

it was a fill in the blank and the answer was "ass". it was sooo obvious for like 5 minutes. i don't fall for scams but when that person won $500 i was kind of bewildered.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I don't think TBS could put something on that was a scam...
Old 09-07-2006, 10:58 AM

The answers are way to easy, thats the trick, so they know they will get shat loads of callers.
I fell for this once(just the once), it was so easy even my 10year old son knew it, i rang and did'nt get picked, the cost of the call was £1 they still charge for the call even if you don't get through , i tried loads of times as the prize kept going up, in the end i gave up, a few weeks later the phone bill came through when i saw how much it was i told myself never again then hit my head on the wall to bang some sense into it.
Yes, there will be winners but how many people ring??? the chance of being picked is way to slim, you just keep thinking, its my turn , its my turn, this time, next thing you know you've rang like a hundered times.
Check your phone bill when it comes.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:26 PM

This is driving me nuts. Well two things are completely driving me insane. 1) the answer was so easy, one in 10 chance isn't too bad but sometimes it seems like they don't even get any calls. so that's the big scheme they keep you waiting...

2) the girl wore a skirt! damnit that's soooo hot!!!! I can't stand it i had to turn the t.v. off because that kind of hotnesszz is too explicit for me. laugh.gif