Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

A Message From Blacktibs/ Flyryde

Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I just wanted to update everyone one where FlyRyde is at as of the first of this year. We had a very bitter-sweet year in 05. I learned some valuable lessons, made some new contacts, lost some competition, and more or less stayed afloat by the breath in my lungs. What I also did was find out that many of my ventures were stacking up due to so much demand, and such poor support from my suppliers. Why this is in off topic is so that its seen, and then simply fades away. What we dont need is anymore random threads in the FlyRyde section.

But 05 was crazy, I started the year in a crumby appartment, moved 2 more times before I got into my first house which is coming along quite well. I got married in June like a lot of you know, and I more or less got things moving pretty well for the few months I had away from school to focus on my business. I also got a lot in debt, lol, but thats what happens when you get married, buy a home in southern california, and run a business all for the first time, at the same time. But things are very good, and so much as been accomplished.

What I want for 06 is the following:

I want all new projects to come to a hault until the ones in progress wrap up. We have about 10 new products coming, but we're all getting antzy about new stuff, and then old stuff, and the OPTIONS, oh God the Options. lol. I've been recently advised by a certain few of you guys to limit my options to you guys. We all want what we want, but I think its clear that everyone will have their own twist on what would be ideal. Well at this point, I'm going to just make the well thought out business decisions on what would be best for sales (meaning what could cator to everyone). We need to get whats available out in the market place and established with regular orders before stacking up another 10 new projects.

So I'm going to have this list to show whats in progress, and I'm sure I'll forget a few. I'll post if money is involved yet, or not, where it is in production, and any ETAs on whats not ready yet. I'll update this first post a few times to get as much as I can down.

PERFORMANCE

1. Equal Length Tubular N/A header.
IN PROGRESS. First run is funded. We're looking at anywhere between one to three weeks for completion.

2. Stainless Steel Radiator Hoses.
IN PROGRESS. Minimal funding. This is going to be available this week.

3. Air Ram Strutbar.
Not in Progress. Some funding. We need the header to be done before we start on this.

4. Rear Strut Bar.
Not in Progress. No funding. We need the first few jobs to wrap up before we start.

5. Turbo Systems. No funding. We will be getting to these in the next 30-60 days.

BODY STYLING

1. Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass Evo Hoods. Production has been funded. Production is complete. Ready to take orders.

2. Fiberglass Type R Bumpers. Production has been funded. Production is complete. Ready to take orders.

3. Fiberglass Type S Bumpers. Production has been funded. Production is complete. Ready to take orders.

4. Fiberglass OEM hoods BOTH RD1 and RD2. No Funding, but hoods have been donated. We have a hood coming from a Socal OG tiburon tuner, (Sonic) and the RD2 hood from Ericy321. We're looking at anywhere from 1-3 months before I'd hope to get a ready to ship production piece.

5. Fiberglass Z style Hoods (cadamuro) Both RD1 and RD2. Some funding. We're waiting on the OEM hoods to come through as fiberglass copies. Then all new vented hoods will start to become available. Maybe a month after OEMs are done.

6. OEM Fiberglass fenders BOTH RD1 and RD2 (same). No funding. We need a brand new set of OEMs to give my manufacturer. I've failed TWICE at getthing these in production, and I need an brand new set of metal fenders to start. Until I have these, we have no garuntee that our line of vented or WB fenders will fit well, let alone perfect like I'm demanding. I'll make a thrid attempt this month.

7. Z style Fenders BOTH RD1 and RD2 (same). minimal funding, but fenders have been donated. These thank God we dont need to wait on the OEMS first. If, and only if they fit great as is, we'll just mold them and begin production. ETA is about 2-3 weeks for FG duplicates to be available after I drop them off. Bug REDZ or donate a few bucks to him to ship these to me. I've sent 90 for just that so far. Others are sending in upwards of 50 dollars to help. These will be our first available fenders.

8. Wide Body Shark Fenders BOTH RD1 and RD2 (same). Some funding. Unfortunately these rest solely on getting a perfect fitting/looking OEM fender in Fiberglass. I tried to speed things along by cutting off my fenders, but it looks like that was a few months too soon to be any good for us. Until we have FG stockers to mold the chopped up bits of my old fenders, we dont have anything to work with. ETA is sadly 1-6 months. I have no clue how quick they'll be here, but I'm just hoping I can start seeing new results from my manufacturer. As of now, I'll not offer the non gilled type. Maybe later I'll bring that idea back.

9. Carbon fiber or Fiberglass Shark Spoilers BOTH RD1 and RD2. Minimal funding, but spoiler was donated. These is not in progress as far as I know. Turn around could be as quick as 2 weeks once funds are available (UP TO YOU GUYS). If in CF, they'll have the flat bar across the top of the wing layed with CF, but nowhere else on the spoiler.

10. Type R side skirts BOTH RD1 and RD2. No funding, but turby skirts were donated. These are just turby skirts in Fiberglass. They'll be cheap and widely available. Problem is no funding, and the pieces we have are OEM plastic skirts which are very flexible and impossible to mold as is. We'll have to somehow coat the entire inside with fiberglass so they stay rigid, and before they dry mount them to a car. This is hard as we'd need a car available for this process. I think I may have a guy though for this. ETA could be as quick as 3-4 weeks if funding allowed.

11. Type S skirts BOTH RD1 and RD2. Some funding. These will follow the launch of the Type R skirts as they're simply the same skirt with an additional 1-2" drop (to match the lower Type S bumpers front and rear). Figure 1 or 2 weeks after we have a Type R in Fiberglass.

12. Lightweigt FG or CF hatch BOTH RD1 and RD2. No funding. This is about last on the list of important things to get going. Who knows if it will happen or not. I'd like it too, and when things pick up I'll fund at least the RD1 myself for a one off piece for our race car. Otherwise, the RD1 hatch is at the manufacturer already and waiting for funding to start production. I also now have an RD2 that I can use to test the hatch if we get an RD2 hatch donated or purchased. Again, this may not even happen, but if you guys want it will. Its all waiting on funds. To keep costs down, I'll likely not offer a Lexan Window unless there is a demand for it. Figure just the window to cost in the range of 4-500 alone.

13. Fiberglass Type S for the RD2. No funding. Unless you guys want the Type R modified a bit. This could be made available in a matter of weeks if we had the demand. The hard part is done, getting a piece produced in Fiberglass to chop up and mate with an RD2 top half bumper.

14. Fiberglass Type S rear for the RD1. Some funding. We need lots more orders, at least 5 or 6 more. We have the parts at the manufacture waiting for my order to start. We'll do a spin off of this for the RD2 once we have a Fiberglass part to start with. Until then, no RD2 rears will be made.

15. Carbon Fiber Wiper Cowl. Funded. In production. We dont have a piece to look at yet, but its coming along from what I understand. I hope this to be a great bolt on piece. Its once piece instead of two, so if it dont fit right the first time, we'll have to change it until it does. I'm thinking it'll be a straight swap for both RD1 and RD2.

16 Carbon Fiber Eyelines for the RD1. some funding. I'm dropping by to see my black car today. I'm pulling the nice new clear headlights, and swapping them onto my green tib, which has old yellow lenses. We'll take the yellowed lenses into Import Trenz for the CF eyelines. Chances are the lights will be ruined, and I'll need a new KDM set for the black car. As of today this will be in motion, as so far its just been an idea with maybe 100-200 bux backing it up.

All new ideas, or kits are on hold for now aside from these. Its crazy we have 16 new products to deal with, so no extra options, or anything to hinder production times. Now what sucks is that my manufacturer was trying to do a grip of Carbon Fiber work, and they jacked up the prices crazy on me. I think as of now, the only parts I have in CF are eyelines, cowls, and Evo RD1 Hoods. They seem to have great turn around times when I dont need any CF though? This we'll find out more as we go. If they do great with the FG parts, we'll start up all new designs for widebody kits, etc. Give them time to do whats on the table first though.

Now extra news about myself. I'm no longer supported by FlyRyde. I've made one HUGE HUGE change for myself this year. I've made the decision to no longer let any money leave my company. This means when my electric bill at home is 300 dollars, or when I get a stupid speeding ticket, buy groceries, or some naughty underwear for my hot little wife, lol, it will come from a source other than my small profits from FlyRyde. What this means for you guys, is a more professional, quicker, stronger company to deal with. I'll finally have money to go buy a new suit from time to time, and pay all of my personal bills and anything outside of FlyRyde. Now for FlyRyde, that means lots of building, new literature, obviously new products and quicker turn around times. Basically I've been sufficating the company and now it'll have a chance to bloom.

I'm now working in an office 5 days a week, with my family's amazing furniture company. http://www.darafeev.com This is what I was raised on. Everything I know about business is due to this company, and shoot, if they pay out 80,000 dollar comission checks to some stupid dealer for a months worth of business, then why not get a piece of that myself right? This was only a dream of mine a short couple years ago. I used to work at the bottom of the pack, at starting wages like anyone off the street applying for a factory job in the back here. 9 bux an hour, no benefits, and plenty taken out by taxes. Well with two years of solid experience running a business single handedly has tought me more than enough to be a big impact around here now, and I have a great opportunity to get my wife and myself some health insurance, dental, some spending cash for the first time ever, and all of our bills at home paid. All without touching my earning from FlyRyde. I've prayed a lot about where to go, what direction to take, and flat out having the wisdom to handle all of this, and a year later I got my answer. So here I am at Mikail Darafeev as I type. This is awesome, because my biggest mentor in business has always been my father, and now I help him with his business and he does the same for me. I've been hung up on just making things happen on my own, when I should have been embracing the help from those who've been there and done that.

With this new change, I'm about 30 minutes closer to the entire world of the aftermarket. Most companies are only one city over now instead of 5 or 6. I have the flexibility here to be an asset to the company, as well as oversee my own business operations and deal with customer service. The T3 internet access kicks major a$$!! And I'm learning more and more about business everyday. Sadly I dont know where this leaves me with my school. I left Westwood college in May of 05 for a few months. I had a 3.6 GPA and was on the Dean's List. My first and only term back was the Oct.-Dec. Term, in which I failed (dropped out) of 3 classes. Since then I've not contacted my school, and I'm affraid for the worst, after a solid 18 months of work there. I'll have another 17 months at least when/if I return, and I'm not clear on the path ahead of me at this point. My career is suffering from something that I'm supposed to complete in order to get a career. Its quite backwards in my opinion, but non the less nobody in my family has a degree, and I have something to prove in regards to that. Having my BA would be nice just to finally attain, though I'm not sure of its uses since thats not the direction my life has taken me in over the past few years.

Anyway, this was about me as much as it was about FlyRyde, as in plenty more than one way I AM FlyRyde. I'm not sure of the update on the new site layout and upgrades. I'll have some time to keep an eye on that now that I'm not sweating bullets trying to figure out how to pay my bills. And all the products that simply didn't go out because I had no funds to pay for them, will be taken care of, the patient will be rewarded, and those who need refunds will be refunded. I also may take out about 10,000 or so from refinancing my home (since we've made some great progress and are getting it appraised very soon). I'm hoping that with that cash I can pay off all my debts instead of running from them. I owe the last year almost 100% to my customers and all of you guys for keeping my bills payed, though I learned the hard way about managing the company cash flow. Going from selling handmade haloz to selling 2500 dollar Vertical Door kits has been a transition nobody could have prepared me for. But I survived the storm, and I have faith that 06 will be THE year for FlyRyde. We didn't sink after our second year of battle, and in the case of me and my wife, once I got over that second year of war all doubt in my mind about failure was gone. I know now whats ahead of me, and with no doubt or fear, its all I can do to keep from peeing my pants with excitement.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Chris, I'm glad to read about all the progress. Thanks for posting it up.

The product updates are something I think should be placed somewhere on the FlyRyde page, and updated as often as possible (at least once a week). This will allow the FlyRyde thread to stay clear, and keep all customers informed. I've mentioned it in the past, but since it's all typed out and ready to copy/paste, now would be a good time to throw it on there and make it easy by keeping it updated weekly.

Good luck on the house, wife, and business. I think it's a good idea for you to be working with your dad. You need money to be able to run a business. Hopefully you'll be able to do both at the same time, and your father will support you in your business ventures. Keep praying, your faith should be the backbone of your business.

fing02.gif
Old 01-10-2006, 12:34 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

"Keep praying, your faith should be the backbone of your business."

Some great words for me to live by bro. God only knows where I'd be without my faith man, most likely not running a business with no sure way to know how things will pan out.

I'm stoked. I just got off the phone with Henry, my rep from Import Trenz. This is the dude who drew my into the company, from my old manufacturer to them. About a month after I started working with Henry, his ass moved back to Hawaii where he spends most of the year. I almost never deal with Henry, as he's gone and not aware of whats going on here in Cali. So now I deal with Ed. Ed basically sucks to deal with. He's nice and always says yes, and then never comes through for me. He gets to the point where he sounds pissed off at my repeated calls and non stop badgering, and then I stop by in person, he's nice, light hearted and no probs visible. Then I leave and things fall back into the same pattern.

This has been for the past 6 months. Ed cant ship my stuff out, he treats FlyRyde like a joke, and his boss Jr. who ownes the biz, treats me like I'm a lil brat. I care about my company and am pretty relentless with bugging people until I get what I want. But with 20 projects backed up and them taking so long the money gets drained form other things before I can get to my profit making, I'm about DONE with Import Trenz. Just now I called Henry and filled him in. He told me way back that all I have to do, is decide if I want them to produce a run of 10 parts, and they'ed starting to carry that product. I just pay for each part, and they pay for the mold. OR I could pay for the mold, and make as many or few as needed (IDEAL for the hyundai market). So cool, I pay for molds, its my exclusive product, and granted Evo Fusion get their parts manufactured by Import Trenz as well, they have to go through FlyRyde to get FlyRyde parts. Just like I have to deal with them to get Evo Fusion parts directly from Import Trenz. This way I dont get back doored. As far as getting copied, at least I know Import Trenz wont start making duplicates of my parts for Evo Fusion, who's the only company I'm worried about knocking me off. So I'm safe with Import Trenz, though recently its sucked balls to work with them.

I've been told I need to place an order of 10 because it costs more to make the mold now. WELL I FRIGGIN PAYED FOR THE MOLD DAMNIT!!! I told Henry thats the reason WHY I started doing biz with them, and I need to know it was not a mistake. I told him I know I dont make Import Trenz tons of cash, so I cant push my weight around like a bigger company can, but WTF??? This has become retarted, and its making me more in debt the longer the lag on my projects. I told him I have 16 projects in the air right now with them. 16!!! I need to know before things go much further that I'll be in good hands for those 16 Projects!

He sounded so shocked. He asked me who told me about these changes in service and whatnot, and more or less that he'd make some calls and find out whats up on all my stuff. I told him I'd email him with a full list of whats going on with them right now as far as production. He told me to make sure from now on I Carbon Copy him for every email I send to Ed. Who never friggin returns a single Email. He assured me I'd be taken care of and that things would go in my favor. I told him I understood with SEMA and the holiday season that things slowed down a lot, but I said I'm just looking for a solid kick ass year for 2006 and I want to know im in the right hands.

In more than one way, and a great professional manner, I just put my foot down finally. And I think we'll have some good results because of it. I just got off the phone so I'm all amped up, who needs drugs when you have adrenaline on tap, lol. So I thought you all should know. Import Trenz just got put in Check. Henry is a cool guy, and has some good pull in the company. Lets hope they respond the way they should!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hey Chris, how about and ETA on the shippment of the rest of the VDI's that were ordered in the start-up? I think you kinda touched base on that with the last paragraph. Glad to see where everything else is, but I think this is important too.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:55 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

See Chris, now you using your brain...this si exactly what people wanted to read (at least I did).

And you standing up for the crap Import Trendz is givin' FlyRyde involved an entirely different body part, but I'm glad you did.

Now extra news about myself. I'm no longer supported by FlyRyde. I've made one HUGE HUGE change for myself this year. I've made the decision to no longer let any money leave my company. This means when my electric bill at home is 300 dollars, or when I get a stupid speeding ticket, buy groceries, or some naughty underwear for my hot little wife, lol, it will come from a source other than my small profits from FlyRyde. What this means for you guys, is a more professional, quicker, stronger company to deal with. I'll finally have money to go buy a new suit from time to time, and pay all of my personal bills and anything outside of FlyRyde. Now for FlyRyde, that means lots of building, new literature, obviously new products and quicker turn around times. Basically I've been sufficating the company and now it'll have a chance to bloom.

excellent decision, If I'da known you were doin that from the start I would have said something. It's a good leason I learned a long time ago. Glad you are back on track and thinking straight.

fing02.gif

(What about my taillight project). ??? 02.gif

..........lmao.gif Just kidding, take all the friggin time in the world mang, just don't forget about them.. wink1.gif
Old 01-10-2006, 08:24 PM

Nice to hear things are going good for you! fing02.gif
Thanks for the updates on the projects too.

Good Luck Man!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats awesome to hear Chris. Threads like this are really nice to let everyone know whats up. Anyway, I sent you an email yesterday regarding the hood. Also, I thought we had funding for the low profile turby skirts? I know Im paid in full. Good luck with FlyRyde in 06
Old 01-10-2006, 09:31 PM

congrats chris..
lets hope this is the beginning of a new era for flyryde..
like you said man, first things first is you gotta get caught up with yourself.. i know you don't need me telling you that after what we all been through.. i'm sure once your caught up and everyone is taken care of, then you can have a quicker turn around with less headaches..

KEEP ME UPDATED MANG!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:52 PM

I'm glad that everything is going good in the world of FlyRyde... you've brought so much to us I just wish I had more money to buy more of your stuff so you can keep bringing us gold!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:18 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

good to see you back chris, what can i do to help