Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

is it me???

Old 03-14-2003, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it me???

ok, so i'm talking in a hyundai chat about my site finally being up, and one of the guys from the board (whom i thought was my friend) is telling me how stupid it is, like why should i have a site for my car, when everyone has a site for their cars. so i said, "why put a turbo on your car, other people have done it, you'll just be like them." to which he replied that i was being immature and blocked me on aim. wtf is it me, or was that pretty immature?
Old 03-14-2003, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Jealousy is a bad, bad thing. rolleyes.gif

No man...it's not you. Do you have any idea how many people have websites for their cars? Hell, you could even consider sites like Car Domain, Mequiars, Import Showoff, and so on all websites for you to portray what you have done to your car. The only difference is that with your own site, you get to build it the way you want your car to be shown. But otherwise, it's the same principle. It gives people a way to see what you have done and what you can do.

I wouldn't worry about the kid who blocked you. It's obvious his opinion doesn't matter any, and he's just upset that you have something he doesn't. So keep doing what you're doing to your car, have fun, and screw the haters. lol
Old 03-14-2003, 03:28 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

Jealousy is a bad, bad thing.
Funny thing about this quote is that no matter what, they will always deny it... ALWAYS... suicide

have fun, and screw the haters.
that's exactly it... some people just can't understand that no matter what it's your life, and your likes/dislikes, not theirs... You did the site cause you wanted to, if they don't want to view it, then they don't have to click on it... Just send this to him next time... moon lol

[ March 14, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:51 AM

thanks, guys. smile.gif yeah, visionz, i was thinking the same thing about cardomain and those sites. i mean, i love my car, i'm proud of what i've done to it, so i want to have a site for it. but thanks for the support. i thought maybe i was the a$$hole, ya know?
Old 03-14-2003, 07:16 AM

nah, it was just a conflict of opinions...just remember that. i'll have to talk to him.....that was quite immature of him...
Old 03-14-2003, 01:43 PM

yeah, but, nogo, do i really wanna be friends with someone that is like that? i mean, blocking someone is pretty harsh. if you have problems in your life, don't take them out on me, ya know? i try to be apathetic with people, and understand that they may have not intentially tried to hurt me, but we're all supposed to be adults. i'm assuming most of us are 18+ in age, and the person we're talking about is 21, so we're legally adults, and i see no reason not to treat each other as such.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:28 AM

this coming from a guy who has the name of a bloodhound gang song in his sig.......lol
j/k

well....i'd say that you should just not deal w/ppl like this, but this specific person is no newbie, so i dunno if u wouldn't want to patch things up w/him as far as just not blocking each other...
Old 03-15-2003, 04:10 AM

i don't care if he's not a newbie to the hyundai scene. maybe he's a newbie to the adult scene, though. poke i don't have him blocked. if someone pi$$es me off, i don't block them. i talk to them about the problem. furthermore, having a "friend" that's not a newbie doesn't do too much for me. i mean, i can do things withouth guidance, hence, the tranny swap. wink that's how i see it. it's not a privalege to me to have him as a friend. i like(d) having him as a friend, but i'll be ok. smile.gif wiggle_m

:edit:
about my sig, i've never heard the bloodhound gang's version of it. i just heard some song with those lyrics in it and thought it was funny, which it is, if you really think about it.

[ March 15, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: turbulence ]
Old 03-15-2003, 07:51 AM

almost as good as the other bloodhoung gang song:

you're pretty when i'm drunk
smile.gif tongue.gif
Old 03-15-2003, 12:50 PM

Looks like you 'n Kev had some fun. tongue.gif