Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Mayor runs over illegally parked car in tank

Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Mayor runs over illegally parked car in tank

Mayor runs over illegally parked car in tank

Arturas Zuokas, 43, took the drastic action after becoming infuriated with motorists parking their luxury cars illegally around the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius.

The flamboyant politician decided to take the novel approach of fighting illegally parked cars by driving over them in a Russian tank.

He said: ”I wanted to send a clear message that people with big and expensive cars can’t park wherever they feel like and ignore the rights of pedestrians and bike riders.

”It shows a lack of respect and won’t be tolerated. Of course, you have to have a sense of humour in my line of work and I thought this would be a way of drawing attention to the fact that the city intends to be proactive in its fight against illegal parking.”

The shocked owner of the Mercedes was photographed exiting a shop to find his German saloon destroyed by the smartly dressed civic leader.

The car was later crushed.

http://swns.com/mayor-runs-over-ille...nk-021245.html

We need more politicians like this.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

awesome..
Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

imagine the look on the rich slobs face when he comes out to get in to his car... hahahaa
Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

technically, that isn't a tank. but thats wicked, i wish they would do that to the retards that park and block my driveway.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Not that it would be legal or even a good idea, but the idea does cross my mind of using a 2x4 to adjust the mirror on the street side so it looked like they had been nicked by another car.

Of course the legal way is to call the Police, because (at least here) it's illegal to block a driveway or sidewalk when you park.

And we can't have politicians like that here because there are too many judges who would take the suit that too many lawyers would be all too happy to bring against the mayor.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

It's fake. It was shot for a Swedish commercial.