Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Luckiest People In The World

Old 02-08-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We took the car to the dealer to get the timing belt checked out after it broke and they had it fixed in 3 hours! No bent valves! We are so lucky!! Happy, so now we can order some more parts for the tib. But while i was there i was talkin about the cam coming in and the mechanic jumped in and said he would rather not put it in! Now im really worried about trying this myself!! Oh well. Just happy to get the car back so soon and so cheap. Maybe it will last another 100,000 miles
Old 02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Most respectable mechanics will not perform modifications to a vehicle. You will need to find a more shady guy to do that for you.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Did you explain that it is a Hyundai part? They should do it, the mechanic at my dealer here was excited about it.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hyundai servicemen are bums. i went in to ask if they could convert my 1997 tiburon evaporation to 2000 tiburon evaporation. ALL Hyundai work. ALL Hyundai OEM parts. EASY for them to do.

they basically didn't know what the hell i was talking about and made me look like some idiot when in fact i knew more about Hyundais than they do.
You will need to find a more shady guy to do that for you

that's the truth. or a hispanic guy who do it out of their heart--well not the ones who learned in america to get it your way you have to be strong and fight no matter what the cost.

as for mods, you're better off learning on your own from your own mistakes. i lost bank in desperate situations and no time, but if i ordered the parts myself all it is is bolting crap up and greasing up threads. there are some who don't research enough and end up fokking up the car so for major work you make friends with a good shop that won't rip you.

NEVER go to the dealer. NEVER get your Hyundai serviced at any dealer. my family has been with Hyundai since 1987 and in 20 years we've only got stuff fixed that was wrong with the car and maintenance you do like every 5 years at a good shop. our cars require virtually no maintenance if treated right and lubes filled/changed, oil changed every 3k, for every 5 or so years.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

So many 'mechanics' at dealerships suck. My automatic was slipping and DEAD, it wouldn't go into 3rd gear at all, and they tried telling me my CAI caused it. They told me the filter was probably clogged and air couldn't get into the engine. Told me to replace the filter and that should fix it.

I also asked them how much they'd charge to swap my auto to a manual, they said it would be impossible because the shifters would be different. A year later I did it myself with the help of my cousin.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

HKC- nice quote in your sig.

R&L- You should follow this flowchart,(sarcasm added)

1. Start
2. Do you have a Torque Wrench available? If yes see step 3. If no, acquire torque wrench and see step 1.
3. Do you have a 2nd car to drive for parts? If yes step 5. If no see step 4.
4. Aquire spare parts. (cam journal bolts if your really worried that your going to break one, helocoil kit if you mess up threads) proceed to step 5
5. Do you trust yourself doing surgery on your car? If yes step 6. If no, get laid and repeat step 5. If still no, put cam on RDT for sale till you pass step 5
6. Follow the DIYs on the site. Very easy mod in terms of location and work. Difficulty factor goes up because its a main internal.
7. Report back how you successfully installed your cam, or how you fixed you OH SH!T moment.
8. Proceed to next mod and repeat.

Moral of the story, you have to just dig in and try it. Learn by doing and if your still not sure search, research and read untill you decide you are an expert or until you know you are over your head.

I did my own timing belt change and alot of senior members here will not go near that one with a 10 foot pole.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If you want somebody to work on your car (modifications) you need to go to a tuning/speed shop where thats what they do for a living.

Garages tend to just want to fix broken stuff.

Majik, did you go back dressed in a white robe and long beard arms stretched out chanting "I've done the impossible....come with me children...for i have done the impossible"

lmao.gif
Old 02-08-2008, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif roflmfao alex that was great.