Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Lets Discuss our Fears.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: No Car Currently
Default Lets Discuss our Fears.

The thread about the tower climbers got me thinking.

Lets have a Fear thread, ill start. Name the fear, the reason behind it and if it gives you any debilitating symptoms i.e. legs shaking sweaty hands etc.

I have a fear of drowning, stems from being throw into the deep end as a child when I was being taught to swim. It causes my heart to race and my breathing to become very fast (not quite hyper ventilating but close).

Im also deathly afraid of heights, not sure where it came from as I've had it as long as I can remember. I have mild to severe Panic attacks ranging from hyper ventilating and sweaty hands to heart racing and being unable to breath. It doesn't affect me in airplanes as my body thinks its on the ground due to the enclosed nature of a planes cabin. It does affect me in large buildings, I had a mild panic attack on top of the Empire State Building on the observation deck after I looked out over the edge. When I was inside the building however I was ok, even thou I swear I could feel the building swaying.

I'm afraid of stinging and biting insect, comes from being allergic to most of them. No real severe symptoms just cant stand the icky bastards.

Discussing ones fears can lessen there impact on your life, What are you all afraid of?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Wow this is gonna be a good forum to look back on... lol

My fear is being alone in smaller dark places, As my mind tends to wonder and i freak myself out to levels were i start to shake and sweet lol... But if i have someone to talk to then i am good, I am not closterfobic, i have no problem with confined spaces, i am in the Navy so you get over that, as your rack on a ship is literally the size of a coffin!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

No fears here! I'm pretty much 100% fearless! wink.gif
Old 09-17-2010, 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Visionz @ Sep 17 2010, 05:54 AM)
No fears here! I'm pretty much 100% fearless! wink.gif

I highly doubt that, everyone has fears, its human nature. Unless your not human? VISIONZ IS A ROBOT ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:13 AM

Vehicle: Tiburon 2001

i'am not afraid of heights i can get into planes and buildings and used to do a little climbing, but wheneever i see a tall tower or scallfold or look down the edge of a building i get lightheaded and have a feeling of being weightless
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Death is the only thing that bothers me. It's so easy, and so final. It doesn't take much to lose your life, and if it happens, that's the end.

I blame it on South Park.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Contracting a rare disease which has no cure and makes you die painfully slow.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 AM

Like Penis Cancer?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Sonatta 2.7L

I have a fear of drowning and dark water. I'll go in pools without any issues, but I wont dare go in any type of large body of water. Im an ok swimmer, but something about not being able to see how deep something is, scares the crap out of me.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

QUOTE (AT05GT @ Sep 17 2010, 09:08 AM)
I highly doubt that, everyone has fears, its human nature. Unless your not human? VISIONZ IS A ROBOT ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!

*lol* No seriously...I cant think of a single thing that I'm afraid of. I've gone bungee jumping, skydiving, cliff diving, and so on. Heights are no problem for me. Deep water is no issue either because I'm a very good swimmer (as 217sonatta talked about), not afraid of the dark, fires, animals, being small spaces, etc...

I'm sure theres probably something out there, but for the most part....I'm fearless.