Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Law student schools cop on carrying firearm in public

Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

These videos annoy me. I agree with the sentiment of Mr Smartarse, he's totally in the right.

But the cop was being pretty reasonable too.

But the cop was actually in the wrong.

And the only way that the kid was to not give out his ID was for by being a dick.

f*ck society.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

A responsible gun owner would not have gone out and done that, he is just trying to start trouble, which in turn, will lead to further restrictions on gun ownership when these types of videos hit the mainstream.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Looks like I got to the party a little late on this one, but here's my couple of pennies anyway.....

Let's assume he was just innocently walking down the street carrying his gun for some legitimate reason. He is 110% correct in his actions, the officer wasn't a douche and neither was he. The "citizen" upheld his own rights, even capturing the events on video, could have helped protect him.

Let's read into this a little more. The "citizen" probably was a smartass out to prove that he was able to outsmart local law enforcement. This may have even been part of a bet between himself and friends. From the sound of things he may have been walking up and down that block for quite some time waiting for the police to approach him. However, aside from the fact that he is a douche for doing that, everything I stated above still stands.

We as citizens do need to have some rights as stated before in this and other threads, if we let this go and that go where do we end up? Videos like this remind us of the rights most people forget that we have.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:54 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

I respect the kid he could of been a little less of an ass about but he was not in the wrong and this is coming from a security officer lol. Has anyone ever been really stopped by cops and your doing nothing wrong? I have plenty of times it sucks and it makes me mad!! The cop was doing his job and the Guy likes caring his gun $h!t I like caring mine to!