Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Lance Armstrong Winning 7th Tour De France

Old 07-24-2005, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I feel this was an incredible accomplishment. Lance not only won his record 7th Tour De France, he established himself as one of the great athletes of all time. He's not flashy, attention seeking or a trash talker like some of the other prominent athletes of our time, he just got the job done. This guy is a true winner, overcoming cancer to do what he did is astounding. What do you guys think?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

he is the man. in rick reily's latest column, its saying how he is not only a great winner, but that he has done tons for the sport.

"Gretzky brought hockey to the West and South US. Tiger brought golf to the people of color. Lance brought cycling to the cancer wards"
Old 07-24-2005, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yep, he has a great will to win me thinks. fing02.gif Props to him for showing that cancer can be beat, and if you do survive, its not the end of life as you knew it.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:05 PM

it wasn't really my thing to watch. i tuned in every now and then to see the background mostly. lmao.gif
glad to hear he won though, he is really a dedicated man. good for him!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think he's a great athlete, but I don't like the guy. We all know he's been through tons of problems, cancer in various places, and still has the determination to pull through and accomplish something so great. I applaud his wife for sticking with him through all the hard times and troubles. I think he's an ass for leaving her and their 3 kids for Cheryl Crow now that he's a household name mad.gif

http://covenantnews.com/deParrie040730.htm
Old 07-25-2005, 04:28 PM

that article was worthless. im curious as to what that person thinks about all athletes, because they all are the same. "modern american hero....works hard and is self-absorbed" is bs. every athlete all across the world is the same way. there were many other cyclists that trained just as much, if not more than him.

how can the person blame the entire divorce on him without knowing absolutely jack shit about his ex-wife?

It is reported that she was a “public relations executive.” I have no idea whether she continued in this work after her children were born.

and btw, he has retired from all bike racing, so that little comment

Gee! One summer in four years? Thanks, Dad!

is crap. there will be many more summers, along with many more years.

keep in mind, i dont agree with divorce at all either. i just think that article was crap.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:33 PM

Yea its amazing how fast they go, flying by when I saw them in real life last year, fastest people on bikes ive ever seen, lance upfront too smile.gif
Old 07-25-2005, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, you have to keep in mind, as Lance said himself, he has access to allt he best trainers, all the best programs, everything.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:38 PM

QUOTE (majiktib @ Jul 25 2005, 04:41 AM)
I think he's an ass for leaving her and their 3 kids for Cheryl Crow now that he's a household name mad.gif

http://covenantnews.com/deParrie040730.htm

Man, I always thought Cheryl Crow was a lesbian..(no offense)
Old 07-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I agree Tibby, the article wasn't the best and I didn't agree with everything, and it was obviously written a few years ago. I just grabbed one to remember who it was he supposedly left his wife for, and decided to paste the article I found it in. Didn't read the rest of the article til now.