Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

L.A. Clippers Owner's Racist Imperative

Old 04-27-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon
Default L.A. Clippers Owner's Racist Imperative

Donald Sterling, the owner of the L.A. Clippers, was recorded demanding his girlfriend not to openly associate with Black people. His racist command was triggered by an Instagram photo of her's.

http://tmz.com/#Article/2014/04/26/d...-magic-johnson

Pathetic really, it just goes to show that a person can be one way when they're in your face but behind closed doors is the exact opposite. From what I've heard he had a history of questionable remarks & behavior which makes it even worse. I don't think the NBA can force him to sell the franchise but I believe the backlash from the public will be so great that he will have no choice but to step down. The players, coaches & fans are all disgusted with him so I don't think showing his face in the Staple Center would be in his best interest.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

They can't force him to sell, but they could pull his franchise license, which would remove the Clippers from the NBA. I say just let the free market work. I'm sure this will be reflected in reduced ticket sales and merch.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent