Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Just Why Do You Love That Car?

Old 11-24-2006, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

* The look.
I love the RD1. LOVE IT. It looks about 5 times more expensive than it really is.
Beautiful sexy lines and a lovely swooping body that's curvaceous and stylish.
Low slung, the ride is bumpy and hard and akin to driving a race kart.
Over some non stock rims (because let's face it the stock ones are yuck) the car looks pretty damn mean.

* The handling.
I know I have waxed lyrical over this so many times but the car just never, EVER, fails to amaze me.
Even with the trunk weight I have now I can still take it round corners and get it to grip like shit to a shovel.
The steering feels weighty, just how you want it. You can feel the road as it was intended, not through steering that's so powerful you rock the car around like a boat.

The suspension is hard as a rock. Yes it's not the most comfortable ride in the world but every time you get in you feel like a driver, which is the most important part.

Screw driving the starship enterprise in cruise mode.

* The dash and instrument panel.
Nice and clean, basic, hard and racey. No thrills but everything you need is there and within good reach.
Very cleanly designed.

* The engine sound, exhaust note.
I loved it before my CAI and wires and plugs but afterwards stuff the throttle down and the car makes an absolutely *gorgeous* sound. One that turns heads and not for the wrong reasons (IE your car sounds like a baked bean eating competition through the can they came from).

*Reliability.
I have taken very good care of my car and it has in turn rewarded me with 13 months of totally trouble free motoring. It performs when I need it to and comes alive when I wake it up. It also knows how to take it easy when Im on the sound roll..

The engine is strong and robust. Dont like the lifter sound before she's all warm and snuggled but hey, you cant win them all.

*Trans.
When it behaves it's actually quite remarkable for an auto, given that it has power and economical mode.
In power it's quite close to a stick without all the work and yanking up the hand brake. I will leave my tib auto because I like to concentrate on other things like corners and the auto box does not hinder the drive or cornering.

*My system.
At first I thought I was being overkill with it and overdoing it. But the more people who hear it and say it's amazing the more I fall in love with it. I love every last gut punching high bass note to the stool loosening lows, and my system kicks low.

*The video setup.
Again I wasnt sure how much I would use this and how much I was just doing it to prove a point.
But I have used the shit out of it, the sound through my system is just phenomenal, to the point I have packed my home TV and DVD player away.
*everyone* loves it, young and old. My father in law is in his mid 50's and was so impressed we watched half a movie (south park) that he didnt even really like.

Of course the Star Wars movies in THX are just astoundingly good, the sound takes your breath away.

South Park during breaks at work? well Im a telemarketer (inbound, relax ! lol) And I often get a Jerry Springer guest call me from a scummy area of the USA and get REALLY annoyed. Dumb people who chose to be that way piss me off, people who sound and act like scum ARE scum and I was raised in a very rough place but that doesnt mean I had to succumb to being a dickhead for the sake of it.

Anyway the option to take a smoke break and watch some south park has proved invaluable to me as I come back on the phones with the whole 'f*** it' attitude and go at the customer Terrence and Phillip style (itll get me fired one day)

"Thanks for callin buddy, ma names terrence and what can I do for you today as I go aboot my work?" *click* " Hello? Hello buddy??"

lmao.gif

*Girls love it, and I love the girls. Yes the car is a bit feminine but it's just awesome to be in touch with your feminine side.

*It's the perfect irresponsibly responsible car.
It's decent fast, handles amazingly, rides great and doesnt do a bad gas milage (tho it could be improved cue Hyundai) but to get the kind of reliability out of a car that handles looks and drives like this one is just so impressive and the value is excellent.

And that's about it. I love my Timmah ! (the car that acts as retarded as it's driver) and he aint goin' nowhere smile.gif

*Oh, safe.
I feel safer in this due to the kick butt handling than I did in my Taurus.
The brakes are literally spot on.
Watch people reach for the handle when you brake because they dont think youre going to stop in time.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Pandy, I love my car to death. In West Michigan, I've only seen one other RD1. The car is absolutely beautiful. And wow!! The design is about 11 years old!!!!!

Although, I can't say anything about my suspension. I really need new shocks. All of my shocks are leaking due to me overloading the car while using it as a pickup truck in the Navy.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^Pandy, what kind of springs and struts do you have? I you don't have any, you'll LOVE Eibach. Man, I love this suspension. It feels sooooo good, so much better than stock. I have nothing but good thinsg to say about it and I love my car even more!! I highly recommend the $999.

Girls love it, and I love the girls.
i love the girls too, but it's not whether they like or dislike my car, it's the fact that they don't care about my car, or any car unless you personally stick money up their butt.

I think exactly the same way about it Pandy. It's good not to like new things, and it's excellent not to like the best things. The GK is a great car on the inside. Everything that is wrong with our cars has been improved including the quality and stability. I just don't like complicated things. I like things that are simple and I have loved the Tiburon years 1996-1999 so much because that was when I was 13-17 years old just becoming independant and learning I can actually have cool things of my own like music, radios, CD's, girlfriends, clothes, friends... and last but not least a Tiburon of my own!

Now I do, and I'm the happiest person. Plus the way I made mine look, I think it looks way better than any of my friends cars, even better my sister's boyfriends Nissan 350Z.

Your car is awesome. The first Tiburon I have ever laid eyes on was white and I've always wanted a white one. Then Red got me and I knew that was it for me. This car still gives me that "hey you're not driving a saucer yet, but you are driving a roadster" type feeling. Love everything about it.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:45 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

cant say enough about my tib. just cant. love it to death. and pandy you have a hell f a way with words
Old 11-24-2006, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i was just at a party going on and on about how much i love my car and how i have hyundais on the brain.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Banned

well.. i really dont know sometimes why i love it soo much.. but i do.. i wouldn't trade anything for my hyundai. i just want a truck too, cuz theres some things you cant do in a hyundai..

but i love it for many many reasons..

first time i saw it: i was sick, had no car and i was driving home from blockbuster in my dads sable (w00t) and i saw the lil ricey bastard.

and it was just when the GKs came out, and i fell in love at first sight. so i turned around, went into the used dealership, asked how many miles it had, looked at it.. told em, i will be back on monday (it was friday) and i wanna take it for test drive, and i wanted it..

ever since day 1, i have loved it, even before any of my mods.. the handling, drivability, sound of the stock engine and exhaust, was just soo soothing and fun. for the lil 2.0L motor, it had pretty nice pep on the road. i loved it.

i think i first saw a tib, back in 1997 when i was down at my aunts in TN. OMFG, i looked at that thing, and i was like WTF is that. its soo hott, but i didnt know what is was at that time.. but i knew i wanted one.. all those years went by, and then i saw my baby chillin in that lot for sale, and i knew i had to do ANYTHING to get it.

the lines of the RD series tiburon are just BEAUTIFUL. the curves on the side, to the styling of the mirrors, lines of hood (rd2), hatch styling (rd2), hi spoiler-shark (rd1) i love everything about it.

the interior of the RDs, especially the rd2, is beautifully crafted.. the design of the dash, how it flows with the door panel, and the styling of the gauges, to how everything is close to where you need it.

it was VERY VERY reliable, until i hired a shatty mechanic to work on it.. but i fixed everything, and its been very reliable, until my clutch problem (also shatty mechanic).

even while its broken, i still love it, and everytime i get in the car, its a rush. (part cus of boost and everything else) but its just such a unique car, and turns all kinds of heads.

i <3 my tib.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:12 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

you need a mercury mistress

http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00575.wmv