Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Just Wanted To Say This.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I'm feeling alot better. Thanks to those who have shown concern smile.gif

Saturday was one of the worst days of my life, I even considered the S word sad.gif

But as usual I realised what I would lose, who loved me and what I *do* have.

Since my wife took me to the cleaners I have had no tv, no dvd player.. nothing.. Its all in the car. I have had a persistent nagging problem with the system in there and it has been getting me down. but.. light at the end of the tunnel or a sign from the man upstairs? I dont know. But I went out there sunday morning and the problem was still there. One channel of the highs would either vanish or garble, or pop like it was blown. I changed the RCAS, remote, ground, live. Everything, it still persisted.

I put on filters, changed to a floating ground. Still no avail. Switched out the speaker wires (which was a pain) and so on.

And then it happened.. I went around back to remove the mps2220 amp and as I put my hand into the recess to take out the speaker wires (amp was playing at the time but I really didnt care anymore) it kicked into life..
Hmmm.. /scratched head.

And then I put my finger into the access hole (so I can get to the onboard switches) and noticed one of the wires on the amp itself (speaker wires) seemed loose.

Put my finger in to move it, blue spark arced into my finger (ouch) and some smoke lifted lmao.gif

Took the amp out at work, stripped it out of the shroud and brought it home last night and repaired it.

*perfect*.

At last my intermittent (which are the worst damn kind ask any PC tech) problems were gone, my system is at full compliance and I can finally relax about that.

I know its pathetic to get so bent up over a car, but tbh right now my baby car is all that keeps me going and smiling.

It's very hard tracking down a fault when you have such a complex system (3 amps, circuit breakers, numerous fuses, TV's dvd players and a partridge in a pear treeeeee) and tbh usually the only way to solve it is to rip out the whole damn lot and start again, something I didnt want to contemplate..

So its fixed, Im very very happy (treated myself to macdonalds at 2am and watched unleashed in the target parking lot)

Problem is I was *so* happy at work last night I started doing martial arts at work and opened the fire door with a flying scissor kick. And yelling EEEEEEEE ! as I flew through the air..

It got me in strife, but she did see the funny side (even though the door just about held in the frame) lmao.gif

So yeah, Im a much happier Pandy now. I move in 2 days and Art is coming down (mad machine) so no doubt I will have some silly stories to tell along with the obligatory pics.

Thanks again to everyone, including the chick from NC who said a very sweet thing to me. You guys are literally like a family to me smile.gif
Old 11-28-2006, 11:14 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

one day i will so bug you on how to pimp an enternment center out in my tib...
Old 11-28-2006, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

My problem is I take everything on my bloody self and dont want to let anyone help lmao.gif

I love making my life hard lmao.gif
Old 11-29-2006, 07:00 AM

glad to hear you solved the amp problem.. even if it was the hard way (I love getting zapped, this is why I am a stage electrician)... however.. NO PICTURES... they steal your soul you know...
Old 11-29-2006, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^lol, so that's why you've been avoiding the camera. All this time we thought it was because you were just horribly ugly when really your just amish! lmao.gif
Old 12-01-2006, 04:36 PM

A sense of humor is like a life jacket Pandy....yours seems to be inflated just fine. wink1.gif

We are currently living in the past, just takes time to realise. Tomorrow is a beautiful day.