Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Its Payday, so how much did the Government shorten your check?

Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Its Payday, so how much did the Government shorten your check?

Saw a few people complaining on Facebook today about how much shorter their paychecks were today. How much extra did Uncle Sam take from you? Mine wasn't too bad, but still pretty annoying.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Administrator

#WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek

How else was this woman going to get an iPad?

http://nation.foxnews.com/food-stamp...ad-food-stamps

Old 01-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

A friend of mine is taking home $3,000 less annually. Broke it down to $115 per paycheck period or $250 per month. That may have been her and her husband combined, though. My check comes next week. Either way, that's significant! $250/mo. can go a long way for many people.. that can be a car payment
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Yeah...most people are saying their checks are between $30 and $65 less, so thats right about the typical Middle Class rate.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Ah... I looked into it. The SS Tax increased 2%, so.....

For every $10,000 you make annually, that's $200 extra in taxes. So... if you and your spouse make $65,000 combined you'll be paying an extra $1,300 per year or $50 per paycheck if you're paid bi-weekly, an average of $108/month.

I'd rather take that 2% and invest it in the stock market. My stock holdings had a Rate of Return over 20% for 2012. Let's see the government do that Better yet, let me keep the entire 6.2% of my paycheck that's being thrown into Social Security, let me invest in it, and if I run out of money then I screwed myself.

In essence, you give money to the government and they hold it for you til you retire since you can't be trusted to hold onto it yourself. Yeah, that makes sense. The government doesn't trust you to have money when you retire, and we're suppose to trust them to hold it for us.

This thread has officially pissed me off for the night.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Think about how deflated those dollars there so kindly holding for us will be when you are actually able to access them... Its disgusting
Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Oh, I'm certain the Time Value of Money is top of mind for the government.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Administrator

What really sucks is that there wont even be any Social Security by the time we all retire
Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

In essence, you give money to the government and they hold it for you til you retire since you can't be trusted to hold onto it yourself. Yeah, that makes sense. The government doesn't trust you to have money when you retire, and we're suppose to trust them to hold it for us.

That whole post was very well spoken.

Social Security was a scam from the start, but it wasn't until Clinton taxed it that made it apparent it was just another legal way for the government (particularly democrat) to swindle you from your righteous earnings. I think of it like a giant hot air balloon you and your fellow citizens breathed all of the air into, and the government punctures it one by one with needles.

The more you know about what goes on in D.C., the more frustrating it gets, the more you start to lean rightward just to protect yourself from these leeches and yet there is no stopping it. Democrats have been doing unfair and unjust things for years on a local scale. Dem. voters just never hear about it. Now it's on a national scale. They convince voters through talk talk talk and nothing but talk with nothing to prove. That is exactly what Lenin did! It's only going to get worse until it collapses one day.

It reminds me of the carousel scene from the movie Logan's Run. Brainwashed citizens filled with youthful pleasures of a future underground city located beneath the ruins of Washington D.C. come to "carousel" to watch their fellow citizens vanish on their 30th birthdays believing it's the norm. The reality is that none of the citizens are allowed to age past 30. When they turn 30, they all must go into the carousel to die thinking it is some spectacle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSUAAKFLoL0

Wake up people!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Just rememebr that Reagan was the biggest tax hiker in history and also the father of current style deficit spending. You guys b*tching about the SS tax increase that has only been what two years when it was cut? By a Democrat.