Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

This isnt going to go over too well

Old 12-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default This isnt going to go over too well

The President addressed the nation on Wednesday on gun control following the horrific shooting last Friday.

President Obama appointed Vice President, Joe Biden, to lead the effort in curbing gun violence.

The President pledged to use the power of his office to prevent more tragedies like the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

The White House says the President is ready to "actively support" a plan to bring back the ban on assault weapons, as well as other gun restrictions.

"We may never know the reasons... We do know that every day since more Americans have died from gun violence," said President Obama. "We know such violence has terrible consequences.. If there is even one thing we can do to prevent any of these events we have a deep obligation to try."

The President says he wants a set of concrete proposals no later than January.

So if this plan goes through, and theres a ban on all assault weapons or other types of guns, how does that affect the people who currently have them? Will they have to give away, sell, or destroy the guns?
Old 12-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

They will be grandfathered which means u can't sell them, give them away, or trade them.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

LOL @ assault weapons... :facepalm:
Old 12-19-2012, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

A part of me agrees there's just no need for assault weapons in this country, but another part of my says it's a violation of the 2nd Amendment, and another part of me wants to disagree with anything Obama has to offer.

I listened to his speech earlier today and commend it and agree with everything he said (including that stupid reporter that asked where he's been) BUT the fact that he blames the republicans for causing this mess when his administration are the ones blowing up the bills... is beyond me.

When he blows up the bill, where does that money come from? You and I, our families, neighbors...etc.

Education doesn't need more money. It needs a HUGE overhaul. And there are too many f-ups doing the educating.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Listening to the president is useless. What he signs into law and executive orders is what matters. What he reads off the teleprompters is for his supporters and low-informed voters.

Assault weapons: when the difference is a different piece of plastic screwed to the same gun, you are an idiot. Lookin at you, 1994 democrat party... They will never try to TAKE our guns, because that is a red line and they know it. When the government of the USA starts trying to take guns from otherwise-law-abiding citizens, the government starts having agents shot in the face at front doors all over the country. MUCH more importantly, it leads to your party losing huge in the next election and nothing is more important to a congresscritter than that!

education: what ^ he said.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: 1999/hyundai/tiburon

And because of this there's going to be a big jump in sales for assault weapons and hand guns!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:22 AM

yep which will help the economy like it did back when obama was pres the first time

fun fact according to fbi data rifles (not just the assault kind) were involved in the murder of 323 people in 2010....total nationwide

its something like 2% of all gun related murder in the USA
Old 12-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

f*ck him. Seriously.

And f*ck anyone else that promotes this bullshit.

Come get my guns, I'll stand on my doorstep and proudly fork over every last round I own 1 at a time.

Piss on the US Constitution and I'll find no greater pleasure than to piss on you corpse. We've fought wars over less
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

More laws against guns... yea cuz thats gunna fix the problem. Politicians are disgusting using this tragedy to push there agenda, how do you people vote for these clowns? 2016, please place a vote of no confidence.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:34 PM

yep....makes you wonder if politics were involved with the entire thing

::tin foil::