Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Important Winter Reminder!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Important Winter Reminder!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to remind everyone that uses there E-Brake......DONT!!! during the winter, all the water gets under ur car while ur driving, then u pull up the e-brake, and let the car sit overnight or for a few hours and when u put ur e-brake down it wont release the rear brakes, cause the cable is frozen in place. Just leave it in gear. Have fun this winter and drive safe!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Actually, Ive used my e-brake the whole winter so far and hav'nt had a single problem of my cable/brakes/calipers freezing. I just got in the habbit of putting it in gear and using the e-brake so basically if I do that by habbit and forget one, the other is there to cover my a$s. I will keep that in mind tho if I remember when getting outta my car.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:32 PM

good call on the no e-brake action. my girlfriend had that problem at the beginning of the winter with her beetle.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:00 AM

I haven't had a problem so far this winter. Granted, the car's been sitting in the same spot for 5 days because of snow... but still... lol. Plus, I've had bad experiences already from the e-brake not being on.