Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

i'm a girl, what do i know?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS
Default i'm a girl, what do i know?

Okay this is from wayyy back in march, but still hilarious. HKC's situation reminded me of this.

So. This exchange made me SO mad but gave me a really good laugh. So I was out with my class doing field work and everybody kind of parked all clustered together, whereas I parked away from everyone else. It was cold, and rainy, so I wore my pink Hyundai beanie. We're about to leave and this dude walks up to me:

Dude: Is that your Tiburon? (he said it like Ty-BEER-on. GAY)
Me: ..yeah *chuckles*
Dude: Yeah I kind of figured with the whole Hyundai apparel thing going on.
Me: Uh. yeah.
Dude: What's so funny?
Me: Well I just think it's funny when people say Tiburon the way you just did. But it's no big deal, most people don't think twice about it.
Dude: Oh. *points to a tC* Yeah you know the tC's replaced the Tibs right?
Me: *trying so hard not to be a smart---*Oh did they now?
Dude: Yes! Don't you know? The 'T' stands for Tiburon and 'C' stands for Celica!
Me: Oh. Yeah.. that is interesting huh.. except for the fact that Tiburon's have nothing to do with Toyota or Scion?
Dude: Well, I mean, yeah. But still. You see way more tC's than Tiburon's.
Me: Okay..? tC's are super cheap, everyone has one so that automatically makes you feel cool to drive one.
Dude: Oh yeah yeah I know what you mean, they're crap as far as performance!
Me: *walks away*

DUDE. REALLY? So what does this guy hop in? 1993 Accord. Original hubcaps. Super huge coffee can on the back. And to top it off.. angel eyes!

Sorry. I had to rant. Guys do that to me ALL the time. You see what I drive? Honestly, you thought I didn't know anything about cars?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

not often does somebody burn themselves so bad that you don't even need to say anything to them at all.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Wow, guy = fail
Old 11-12-2009, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

LMAO FAIL!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

He was obviously trying to hit on you. What an idiot, that has absolutely nothing to do with the tiburon or celica name. i don't think there are any TC's that aren't rice and we all know rice equals intelligence.

taste is a great thing, and i sure hope that i'm doing everything right. like the other day i wore my leather jacket. now you hear this USDA cattle crimes on the news and it made me think of how i must look to be wearing something that used to walk, and i hate wearing it thinking of that. totally uncool.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Sometimes I just hang out at a bar or club and watch the young guys make a**es of themselves trying to hit on women. The funniest part is when I see a guy do something I used to do and I now know will NEVER work. Things like bragging about what you drive or ordering expensive alcohol.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:44 PM

like bragging about what you drive

aww man, that never works. i used to work ini a restaurant and NEVER, let me reiterate that never ever did anything for me.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If it helps I have dumbass guys come up to me and say things like that too, but I hope the hell that they're not hitting on me.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM

^HAHA.

i just wish i had a girl come up. never has. i've come to the conclusion that 98% of the time it's against rules human genetics i guess. and even bringing it up is an instant repellant. so i have stopped talking about cars altogether.

for some reason, F1 is the only topic i've been successful at making a girl friend with. too bad she was a MOM. haha.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I get a lot of compliments on the cars from girls, just never intelligent ones. Last one I got was a hot chick and I was in the Tib. "I like this car. Yellow is my favorite color."