Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I'm debating a walther p22

Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent
Default I'm debating a walther p22

I just don't wanna keep dumping an arm and a leg for ammo for plinking. The p22, I hear good things. 22lr is cheap - and I can always get a 22 rifle down the road. It's small, light and could be easily concealed - however it is a 22.... and it just seems a little silly to count on a .22 for any sort of self defense.

Does anyone seriously consider it anything other than a toy? what about the ruger mk2 or a browning buckmark?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

Call me Canadian but none of that made any sense to me what so ever lol.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Canadian.

I have a Walther P22. I really like it. I use to pack it for concealed carry also. It is too small, but I am confident in my ability to hit my target with it, and with good shot placement it'll do the job better than a pocket knife.

As an aside, more people are killed by the .22lr than ALL other cartridges combined (not including in wars).

It shoots well, and handles just like a larger auto. The Ruger is a lot more accurate, but doesn't handle like a typical semi auto. There is also the Walther PK380 that is almost the same size as the P22 but a little more potent.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

I love our little P22. Its a fun pistol to shoot. I have a little target that I use to shoot at. I could shoot that thing all day and not get tired of it and considering that the bullets are super cheap makes it that much more fun. Its not like when Hubby had the DE talk about expensive ammo!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ Theres something really cool about reading a post from a chick who likes to fire guns, and actually knows a bit about them! laugh.gif
Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

^Took my wife shooting a few weeks ago. She was terrified! First shot... Dead center. Couldn't believe it. She did better than the other 3 of us that went. She said it's "exhilarating" and can't wait to go again smile.gif
Old 12-06-2009, 02:26 AM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Yeah I always have a great time when we go out. I am an awesome shot with our little P22. I love to shoot the AR-15 and the Saiga! They are also very fun! Hubby is always good about making sure that everyone we go with is safe. So it makes for a more relaxing shooting session. He also makes sure that people we take that don't really know guns go through his very own version of gun safety. But back onto topic. If she likes the P22 I would suggest getting her to try a Saiga or something similar. It isn't overly powerful but puts a nice whole in a paper target!! I love destruction!