Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I'm asking for everyone's help

Old 11-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Just Some Custom Interior

There is a family that is close to the people in my church.

Mr. Graves has cancer, and has had it for some time. I'm not exactly sure the specifics, but recently the doctor has told him that he has a very short time to live. Hospice has been called for and they aren't sure how long he has left.

Mrs. Graves also has cancer. It has been in minor stages for a while, but she is having to go more and more frequently for her treatments. Her cancer is progressing, and I'm not sure at what speed. There doesn't seem to be much hope for Mr. Graves living out the rest of the year. Mrs. Graves only has a few years ahead of her and her stregnth is fading fast while trying to be with her husband.

Here's the worst part. Mr. and Mrs. Graves have a 5-year old son. He obviously isn't aware of what's going on and doesn't understand that in a few years he will neither have a father or a mother in his life. I feel incredible pain for this family and can't imagine what all they are going through right now.

A paging service has been setup for Mr. and Mrs. Graves. All you have to do is call this number and a pager that has been given to them will beep, letting them know someone is thinking about them and praying for them. Please call this number and let them know how many people are praying for them and how many people care.

The phone number is 615-960-LOVE (615-960-5683). When you call, there will be a short message telling you what to do. When you hear the beep, dial 77# and it will send a beep to their pager. You can then hang up. It takes only 20-30 seconds of time, but it would mean so much to them to know someone is thinking of them.

I would appreciate it if some of you would call and let it beep for them once or twice a day. I'm sure it would mean a lot.

I know it's long distance, but with cell phone companies now, you could call on Night & Weekend minutes if you have free long distance and not waste any of your cell phone minutes. The call literally takes only 25 seconds. Please participate if you are able to. wink.gif
Old 11-11-2004, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC
Default Re: DIY for a starter button install?

Thats awesome of you, Ill give them a call.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: FS : eibach lowering springs and other stuff

I called... Good deal Majik. Do they need anything for there son? Like Secret Santa type things or something?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Just Some Custom Interior

Called.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: I'm asking for everyone's help

That's nice of you Majic..... smile.gif
Old 11-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Employment

as of right now I don't think they *need* anything as far as presents. Our church has been helping out a lot and including their son in childrens activities at church. Last weekend he camped out with 30 or so other children (12 and under) in tents on the church lawn all night. He loved it, he's not used to having many friends, and it gave his parents a chance to spend some time alone together, and enjoy their time before the inevitable happens.

I will ask about any other needs they may have. This isn't a family that attends our church, just known through mutual friends over some time. The sad thing is, they asked my pastor to visit with them so that they can know each other, so that my pastor can speak at his funeral service. It's sad when a man is planning his own funeral. 02.gif
Old 11-11-2004, 11:39 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: Employment

It's great that the church is helping them out. If there is anything else we can do, let us know.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: FS: A few things (Lights, spoiler, antenna)

just called.

how old are the parents? sad story indeed.