Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

If You Were a Cop, What Would You Cite Drivers For?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Accent
Default If You Were a Cop, What Would You Cite Drivers For?

I think the biggest thing I would cite people for is not merging right when in the left lane and holding up the flow of traffic. Stuff like window tint, lights, etc would be a waste of my time. Oh, and speeding excessively too, as in 10-12+ over the limit.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

^I agree on the left lane thing. Some people are idiots, going at exactly the same speed as the guy to their right when there's a lineup of cars trying to go faster.

Also for not signaling when changing lanes. How hard is it?!

A lot of the speed limits around here are a joke (55mph on 4-5 lane highways where everyone goes 70-75) so I wouldn't really cite people for going 10-15 over the limit unless I had to meet a quota or something.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ That's a lot of the problems, they have to meet quotas, so they MUST give out tickets. Lamest concept ever.

I'd ticket other cops for texing while driving, working on their laptop while driving, talking and driving carelessly while driving, causing traffic jams during rush hour by sitting on the side of a busy road, and blocking up traffic for no reason.

Just because you're in a police car with a badge doesn't mean you're above the law.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 01 tib t3t4

going 10 under the posted speed, then 10 over in passing area, then back to 10 under. turning right without using the shoulder lane(your really going to make me slow down to 15 in a 50 because your too stupid to use the empty lane?) stopping in a merge lane because you have some sort of depth perception problem. These are things I deal with daily. I also think after 60 years old you should have to do more than (can you see the blinky lights?) to keep your driving privledges.... just realized Im ranting Maybe more people should drive vs. texting talking looking at self in mirror bottle feeding looking for whatever on floor Do all these things before or after not while your wandering 2 tons down the road.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis 2.0T

Driving to slow.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Biggest pet peeve: Not using turn signals!! USE THEM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

being a douschebag

being a douschebag in a truck

being a doushcebag in a trruck w/ testicals

not stoping whilst going right on red

blocking traffic cause you can't fit in the turn lane

allowing someone perpendicular to you in traffic to pull out into the lane next to you (causing the driver in the next lane to yeild to your dumbass)

turning into lanes other than the one you originated.

flashing headlights telling one to move over

not using signal

accelerating too slowly

not wearing a helmet on motorcycles

driving whilst retired

not being able to maintain your own lane

yeah this is one of the many reasons why i'm not a cop.

as far as the qouta goes they could fill any qouta in a day @ the right intersection by me-... i don't think they're doing enough.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Was just behind a car with two license plates

on the back

both from texas

both different
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Originally Posted by 01steve
driving whilst retired
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

Originally Posted by 01steve
driving whilst retired

Some of the quickest minded men I ever met were 65+ years old. Driving responsibly has little to do with age. Everyone should have to pass a test anually, ther are plenty young people who drive much worse than old people. If you don't use it, you lose it, and if you do use it, you never lose it. Try flying with some 65+ year old Instructor Pilots from Nam, they might not walk very fast, but wow do they have some insane knowledge and reflexes and mental acuity, better than many 20-30 year olds. But you can also just as easily find 20-30 year old terrible obvlivious drivers or those taking way too many unnecessary risks and way over estimate their own skills. Ok maybe the 85+ year old ones were in danger of having a heart attack, and maybe they shouldn't drive....

This is why they should have to take a test, there is not way she would have passed.... http://www.9news.com/news/world/2636...grocery-store-