Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

IBM Microdrives

Old 12-04-2001, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IBM Microdrives

Anyone ever use one of these? I want one for my MP3 player. Probably a 340MB one. I use compact flash media all the time but I'm unfamiliar with these.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Drop me an e-mail at:

bracey@port-royal.navy.mil

I'm presently out in the western pacific sailing towards my next destination and my internet connection is running on 33K or less. E-mail would be appreciated.

Old 12-04-2001, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Hootie I have a 1Gig one on my Ipaq. It is a great product but remember it is a hard drive so you have to be carful with it. I use it for MP3 music. I made a hook up to the aux port of my car cd player and electrical conection inside my glove compartmet. I dowlown a great amount of music and play it through my system. It sounds great, no skipping. I failed on me once just after I got it and I got it replaced under warranty. I have had for about a year now and am 100% satisfied. My multidisc player in the car is gone for good. I can still hook it to any stereo with an aux. so after I drive I can use it at parties, get togethers etc. You can also listen to it with headphones. Great combination Ipaq and IBM microdrive! I use the media player 7.1 in both Ipaq, home and office computer so I have full compatibility all over the place. I use a ZIO to dowload the files is a lot faster than the syc connection!