Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

I need driving music...

Old 01-15-2003, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need driving music...

I'll describe what I'm after, and you guys give me what you think I'm looking for.

A good solid base beat... boOomp boOomp boOomp
A little symbel... tsks tk tk tsks tk tk tsks
And a whole bunch of synthesized crap...
wahhugh wahhugh wahh wahhugh wahhugh wahh
naa n-n-n na na naa n-n-n na na

bpou ti bpou bou ti bpou ti bpou bou ti

And so on... Good bass, but not crazy bass, and good variation between left - right - front - back , so I feel I'm surrounded by instruments. I guess techno stuff, even though I NEVER listen to it, who knows I might get in the mood for it as long as its not irritating the hell out of me.

[ January 15, 2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: ELANTRAVISION ]
Old 01-15-2003, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, if you want some music that's hard (Not really trance, but JUST what you are looking for), go get The Crystal Method's first album, VEGAS. One of the best Electronic CD's of all time. No doubt. Sales ranked at 1060 on Amazon/CDnow, and was released in 97. I've bought this album so many times...
HERE
ANY of their albums rock, but many got mad when their first didn't sound exactly like their second. All very good though.

Elantra, it's the name that's getting ya. Techno itself sucks in my opinion, it's the other Genre's under Electronica that clip my bone.

I think I just made up a new saying.

Anyways, trance. Progressive, Hard, whatever, but Trance. It's great for driving.

Some names?

Next, you want some trance, like I said earlier.

Some other biggies and favs of mine...

DJ Icey (Bass and Breaks, Breakbeats, FUNKY) Any of his CD's.
HERE

Want more bass? DJ Baby Anne. Any of her CD's.
HERE

DJ Encore is a bit more pop oriented, and familiar, but also good Trance.
HeRe

DJ Jason Dunne - Trance: A State of Altered Consciousness
HERE
All of his CD's are masterfull. Progressive at it's top.

Junkie XL, any of their CD's.
hErE
These guys rock. Always have.

Lunatic Calm
HERE
These guys kick *** . I saw them in concert with TCM in 97 and it was one of the best concerts ever. DJ Taylor was there, and the entire night was amazing. Changed my life and the way I see music today. These guys are so ... experimental sounding. Look up this song and listen to it LOUD. Lunatic Calm - It Evolves On It's Own Awesome. I lost the Metropol CD last year and just bought both of their cd's off of Amazon for less than $20. Real drums and real guitars. Real talent. They also did some of the music for the Matrix.

Prodigy - Fat Of The Land
herE
Not much needs to be said here. This album is tits up chief. BOTB, best of the best.

Paul Oakenfold, always a good listen. His new CD is very good. It's suprising that he is in the Guiness Book of World Records as the worlds biggest DJ, and he just released his debut album last year.

It's his first non Mix CD. Very good.
here
On that note, the ENTIRE Tranceport series kicks *** , along with the Psychotrance and Altered States CD's.
Tranceport
Psycho Trance... Go with 2000, 2001, and 2002...
The Altered States 2 and ARK 21 are the ones you want...

Want or need more?
Old 01-15-2003, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

I know you aren't leaving the Ace of Bass Greatest Hits album (No, Im not joking, I have it... which is strange considering I listen to 95% hip-hop/R&B)... "I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign, life is demanding without understanding" and "Don't turn around, cuz you gonna see my heart breaking, don't turn around, I don't want you seeing me cry"

(Now lets see how much people make fun of me)
Old 01-15-2003, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I would put you on blast, but I used to play Ace of Bass too... rolleyes.gif

I like the new Roni Size CD... it's nice.

If you like rap try some KRS one, he's still great.

Mostly I drive to rap or 80's...
Old 01-15-2003, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Rap sucks.

Eminem rocks.

Eminem is R&B...

My azz...

It's late...

I'm tired.

Eminem still rocks. "I'm a soldier"... Love the bass line in that.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Mav

Haven't heard it in the car yet, but Portishead and Massive Attack are grrrreat! driving stuff.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:19 AM

prodigy, junkie xl, and KMFDM
Old 01-17-2003, 03:50 AM

80's is what i like for "driving music" either that or like trance stuff is cool
Old 01-18-2003, 04:19 AM

In my Kenwood head unit right now, there's everything from; Arrowsmith to Avril Levigne, Eric Clapton to Eminim, Busta Rhymes to Bare Naked Ladies... I like a little bit of everything. I guess I'm just missing out on the Electronica. lol Who knows? It may ' eek! clip my bone'.

I'll try your suggestions, thanks for the help guys.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I'm not involved with any illegal activities that might be associated with this music. I'm all for naturals highs. Speaking of natural high, I'm going to go make another sandwich...

[ January 18, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: ELANTRAVISION ]
Old 01-18-2003, 08:16 AM

ELANTRAVISION:
In my Kenwood head unit right now, there's everything from; Arrowsmith to Avril Levigne, Eric Clapton to Eminim, Busta Rhymes to Bare Naked Ladies... I like a little bit of everything. I guess I'm just missing out on the Electronica. lol Who knows? It may ' eek! clip my bone'.

I'll try your suggestions, thanks for the help guys.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I'm not involved with any illegal activities that might be associated with this music. I'm all for naturals highs. Speaking of natural high, I'm going to go make another sandwich...
most intelligent ppl would rather castrate themselves than listen to avril lavigne....she's the lowest form of life on this planet