Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

As I have stated previously...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony
Default As I have stated previously...

... SOPA is not the problem.

And I would not be opposed to it passing, actually - aside from the fact that it would not affect me very much either in Korea, EU (France or Poland), or Canada.

http://maddox.xmission.com/

I agree it needs to pass, to wake the f*cking whiners up into action, instead of being a nation of twat-twiddlers who are not above using it as a buzz word with other latte-sipping shits who know nothing about where this came from or where it is going, aside from superficial implications.

Just like the dickhead the other day at McDonalds (yes, I tried it in Korea, not bad at all for $3.50) whom I overheard talking about how the internet is "doomed" and was under constant "change of standards and ownership" since its inception in 1994 by Unix.

Jesus Christ! ???

I mentioned ARPANET, UCLA, and the 802 IEEE standards (little known fact, its name comes from its documentation date - Feb 1980) - He called me a dumbass and accused me of being "from the military" and it wasn't until I showed him my CDN passport that he said, "Well, I bet you don't even know about SOPA"

Idiots like these... How did you GET a visa into this country... Please tell me it's not to teach!

Idiots, Y U OPEN YOUR MOUSE!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

If S.O.P.A. passes, in its current form and language, this forum may cease to exist.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

SOPA would not cause enough people to take action to matter. So in that case, still very bad.

Moving topic to OT.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

Originally Posted by majik
If S.O.P.A. passes, in its current form and language, this forum may cease to exist.

I doubt it.

If so, there would be some sort of two-tiered internet...

Funny we were actually thinking of that and sort of making plans on the back of a napkin with some friends back in 2006 to make our own type of internet, using a different type of addessing scheme - We got the idea from X.25 and NetBEUI - an overlay on a standard we would make that would be compatible with most current hardware.

We'd have to patent it, and put trade marks on it so as not to call it "internet" so to get around the legality of censoring it...
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Look who got caught stealin the football game feed.

Opps!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

WOW!!! That is ridiculous!!