Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hyundai Set To Break Into Hybrid Market

Old 06-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Recent readings told me that the 2009 Accent model will be offered with a Hybrid option. It is set to get over 40mpg. Hyundai has also been researching fuel cells and other alternative fuel concepts. Thoughts?
Old 06-14-2008, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

That's good news as long as they don't change the car to look like a UFO.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:47 PM

^^^ UFO...jaja lmao.gif ...that's good news, although I'll never buy a hybrid, they are slooow tongue.gif
Old 06-14-2008, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

that is why you buy the hybrid to get to work and keep the tib to play with.

or, move to ABQ, get RED Z to adopt you, and then you could afford to have a hybrid to drive to work and a genesis to drive around, haha.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

^^

Exactly. Of course, you have to be in a position that you can afford to have both.

I'm actually very pleased to hear this. I was wondering when Hyundai was going to break in on the hybrid market... doing their usual thing and making the technology more affordable.

I'd be curious to see if they've looked into the whole electric car bit in Korea. Gas is expensive there, and its a small country. It'd be very feasible to release a electric car in Korea and radicalize that market. Its not a groundbreaking technology as its been done in a limited extent in California already.

My opinion on Fuel Cells and Hydrogen? Hydrogen is just a fancy battery unless you utilize entropy hydrolysis. You put in X energy to turn water into hydrogen, and you later receive X-y (where y is inefficiencies) energy back when you burn it in the engine.

Fuel Cells are a 10-15 year away carrot that I'm not chasing. For 30 years they've been saying Fuel Cells are 10-15 years from making a major breakthrough.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^so true. Hyundai has had this setup for about 5 years with Hybrids but just hasnt released it. Now is the best time though. I found that they are trying to compete with the small Honda Hybid but wont have quite as high of gas mileage. Hopefully it does well for them and they keep coming out with new stuff.