Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hurt My Tib :(

Old 03-09-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Well... this is my second time hitting a curb in poorly lit construction areas. I was going 50mph merging into Rockville Pike when I overshot my exit, tried to get back in the merging lane, noticed the lane narrowed and a good chunk of divider sticking out. I'm so f*cking stupid because there usually isn't any concrete dividors just lane stripes. Nope.

50mph hit the dividor sticking out and flew over it.

-Eibach Strut gone
-Eibach spring might be gone
-OEM F2 Bumper could have been worse, but the fiberglass is cracked.
-HID Light gone.

Do you guys know if they sell eibach struts/springs one by one?

Man... i'm so saddened, just when my car was in tip top condition, drove like a beast... I go and f*ck it up. It's going to cost at least under $1,000 to get everything replaced and hopefully the fiberglass patched up. Damnit I love my car everyday and all the work that has gone into it. It's so sweet and has been so good to me. ... . 02.gif 02.gif 02.gif

Gotta call shox.com tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

sad.gif dude that sux! your car is awesome. i hope everything goes good when you fix it
Old 03-09-2007, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

wow sorry to hear that bro, Hopefully all turns out well for the car.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucks HKC! Don't post any pics! It will be too depressing! I hope everything works out for ya.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:39 PM

cool.gif Sorry to hear about that mang, hope you can get it back to normal!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

well thanks guys... it's good to have the forum to back on for support. i mean just mentally. i cannot show pictures, but you can imagine the damage. it's pretty depressing.

all i have to say is unexpected constructioon sucks mad balls. i LOVE this car you guys have no idea how much this car makes me happy. i've been building car models since i was 5. this is my car model that i can get in and drive. i LOVE the mods i have put into it. i grew up here on the D.C. line. it has changed drastically over the past 15, 20 years. i was a happy kid travelling all the time to europe and living there seeing what life is REALLY all about. it's about the simple things like beauty, nature, and how there are such great people out there you would never know about. it took me a while to realize it's very depressing here and the school system here is f*cked in the ass. it's really f*cking ghetto with shady people walking all about. 10 years ago cops would pull you over for running a stop sign. today cops don't even care about traffic violations here anymore they either don't bother you or let you go as long as you're not associated with drugs and gangs. there are so many killings, robberies, stabbings, thefts, psychos all over the place. at school all the girls that i have liked well there were only two who left because they knew better. all the jocks and frat people at school can go to hell, all the ex-friends who now drink and do drugs can go to hell, all the people who talk sh*t about hyundais can go to hell, all the people who don't respect can go to hell. i have a great life i love my car. it can and will be repaired.

you guys know i'm here to stay and will drive my 1997 out until the last drop. i will work every penny for it until it gets to be back in the shape it was before tonight. i'll make all the phone calls necessary to prove that like everyone of you proved you can always overcome evern the worst things.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

That sux HKC, I did similar damage in one of my 4 door Falcons back in the day, had to replace the driver side strut, steering components and hub assembly.... I feel your pain mate.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:01 PM

I'm sorry bro.

I think Eibach struts and spings only sold as a set. sad.gif

Also, if you had a front strut bar, the other side could've been damaged too.

Check your lower arm and all related parts too.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:13 PM

Dang HKC, that was bad. Sorry to hear about this.

I was also saddend when i brock my front bumper and side skirt in a construction area also, this was a pott hole though, freaken just went in with full bodykit and came out with half bumper and cracked side TT_TT That was really depressing. But now i have my RD2/GK2 bumper and it looks way better.

Maybe you can get those stuff fixed up and maybe a lil more and it will look or perform WAY better.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:10 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

man that sucks...hopefully everything will work out they you want it to

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Mar 10 2007, 12:29 AM)
it took me a while to realize it's very depressing here and the school system here is f*cked in the ass. it's really f*cking ghetto with shady people walking all about. 10 years ago cops would pull you over for running a stop sign. today cops don't even care about traffic violations here anymore they either don't bother you or let you go as long as you're not associated with drugs and gangs. there are so many killings, robberies, stabbings, thefts, psychos all over the place.

This sounds familar...yeah its my home town of detroit, mi