Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How Much Do You Think I Could Get For My Tibby?

Old 04-11-2005, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I gotta sell my tibby.. Which sucks cause i love my car. But its just too damn expensive on insurance and parts are just too expensive, and hard to find. Besides if i am going to get this kind of gas mileage i may as well get the kind of car i wanted to begin with.... an 88 stang gt. Yes i know its going to get worse gas mileage.. but normal driving it gets 24 miles to the gallon. and its about 40 bucks a month cheaper on insurance. So anyway. I just wanted to know how much you guys think i could get for it..

Good -
97 Tib 1.8
117,*** miles (not soo good.)
Black w/ green flake
Cloth seats
power windows
fog lights
ICW racing rims
OBX headers
Pacesetter Exhaust
AEM CAI
Some Red L.E.D's (hidden)
Pioneer Headunit

Bad -
Paint peeling on the front bumber.
Dent in passenger side door to back panel. its about 2 foot long 1 foot tall and 2 inches deep. It does not effect the way the door or window operates.

I cannot take off the performance parts as i dont have the stock parts for it.

I also MIGHT be puttin it on EBAY. can anyone give me some tips for selling a car on EBAY?
Old 04-11-2005, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

let use see the car so we all can get a ideal of what we are dealing with here, smile.gif
Old 04-11-2005, 07:09 AM

If I were you, I'd go to the bank and see what they have listed for the value in their blue book.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:47 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

If you sell the performance parts sepreatly you can make more money since value of our cars doesn't rise much, or at all with a couple performance parts.

If you decided to part, I call dibs on the cai.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:56 AM

QUOTE (tanc @ Apr 11 2005, 01:47 PM)
If you sell the performance parts sepreatly you can make more money since value of our cars doesn't rise much, or at all with a couple performance parts.

he doesnt have the stock parts tho...id just see what its worth in the condition its in on like nada or kelly blue book and aim for that...
Old 04-11-2005, 07:56 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

QUOTE (BuuGieWuuGie @ Apr 11 2005, 08:21 AM)
I cannot take off the performance parts as i dont have the stock parts for it.

QUOTE (tanc @ Apr 11 2005, 09:47 AM)

do you know how to read???? ugh

buugie... i would think the car could sell for about $3500 or so. the dented side doesn't help that much

as far as selling on ebay, start off cheap. like $500 or so. set a reserve for what you would like for it, and put it up saying you reserve the right to cancel if sold locally... that way, if there is like 5 mins left and the high bid isn't what you want for it, you can take it off saying you sold it locally
Old 04-11-2005, 08:42 AM

^Awesome idea. I would guess that you probably wouldn't get any more than 4k for the Tiburon, even on Ebay. Chipping paint and the dent deffinately don't help. I paid 10k for my Tiburon over Thanksgiving and I know I paid too much (managed to talk him down from 13k). So yeah, keep it if you can, but if you seel don't expect to get more than 4k.