Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

How To Make Payments

Old 01-16-2009, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Im 25 and i never ever had a bank account.

I dont have any bank cards...

I want to know what is safest way to send money to sellers in USA.

How do i do it?

How to use paypal?

Sorry for being so countryside.
But since i was small i only used cash.

Never brought anything on credit or such.

Mods pls move this to the appropriate section if this is not the right place.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2009, 07:15 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

well the easiest way to make payments and such is paypal...

you will need some sort of bank account w/ either debit card or just use the bank account like me...I'm not for sure but you should be able to use a prepaid debit card with paypal as well
Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Another option is Western Union. You don't need a bank account for that, but the fees are higher.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:05 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^I NEVER pay through Western Union. The problem with it is that you can send someone money, and they can pick it up anywhere in the world. So you think you're sending money to someone in the UK, and they pick it up 15 minutes from your house. A lot of scam artists on eBay use Western Union.

The most commonly used method is PayPal. You can link it to your bank account, and with credit cards. Its probably the safest method available. I was a little skeptical at first, but I've had my account for years and its actually REALLY handy.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've seen another site somewhere, I just can't remember where. There was a similar site to paypal that was used more widely for international payments.

I'll see what I can find.

www.moneygram.com
I checked on payment between South Africa and United States... it has a $12 fee. I checked www.BBB.org and it has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. It's also a member of the BBB. That makes me think it's legitimate. I'm not sure what their account requirements are, but if you have no way to transfer money online (from bank account to online account) then I don't see any way for you to transfer.

There may be others out there.

danee - your best course of action is to get an account with a major bank that offers online transfers. Throw a little money in there and transfer it to an online bank or transfer center (i.e., paypal)
Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

You should also get a bank account and perhaps a credit card, just to start working on your credit score, which will come in handy once you want to try and buy a house, take a loan for a car, etc.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

WorldPay.com used to have services for sending money similar to PayPal but as it seems they have changed that and now they are offering their services to the merchants only.