Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hot stock tips

Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Hot stock tips

I'm wondering how many people play stocks here. I've become quite addicted to them lately after making a ton on the gulf oil spill.

Cannon exploration CNEX- gold exploration company which should explode in the next week following news from their recent investigation in Canada
OCZ Technology OCZ- Startup specializing in USB 3 and solid state hard disks.. Two technologies which will be required in the next few years and I feel is a solid investment.
Encounter Technologies ENTI - A startup company which deals with music videos, online music sales and much more. Has 44,000,000,000 views per month scheduled on MTV, VH1, CMT and a few others in June. Basically, they're going to become a household name quickly.

I'm wondering if anyone else has good stock tips? Please post them.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Buy low, sell high. That's my tip of the day.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
DTN

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CNEX...sic+Chart&t=5d

Did anyone take my tips? Cannon Exploration, CNEX was up 130% today. that means if you put in $2000 on Friday like I did, you'd at least have $4000 like I do in my bank account today after I sold.

Encounter technologies ENTI is next. They will be hitting big returns near the end of the month when they release news that they've signed on Lady Gaga or Snoop Dog. Then they will be kicking back even more money to us investors when they begin their advertizing campaign until next year. It should reach $1 per share by November. Current price is $.0085 per share.

http://www.musicmatrix.com

If you're not investing, now is the time.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

VMW

I can't say too much except that there are rumors that they hired an engineer with a boosted tib.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 PM
DTN

What a great pick! I use virtual machines on a daily basis. I truly believe that virtual machines will become very important in the future. We are approaching a time where we need small mobile devices which are good on battery power and have a high speed computer at home. Virtual machines and virtualization technology in general will enable the future of cloud computing. Cloud computing will be how we will conduct the business of tomorrow. Cloud computing allows you to use your mobile device's touch screen and keyboard as the keyboard and mouse while displaying just a picture of the more powerful desktop with the faster Internet connection. Virtual machines will allow the user to have a desktop customized for each mobile device. This is definitely a good long-term investment. It will turn a profit over the next few years. I'm buying a few shares tomorrow at open.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 PM
DTN

Just a bit more about VMWare.. They are the biggest and best virtualization company out there. Here is the current popular usages of a Virtual Machine:

1. You have several dedicated servers on several computers. E-mail, Database, DNS, cache.... Instead of running them on separate machines which are generally using 1/16th of the processor of an older less energy efficient machine, you convert those machines to Virtual Machines. You can then run all of those "Virtual Appliances" on a single computer in separate windows, or even in headless mode where they have not output display unless you connect via a remote desktop tool. The final result is you take 10-1000 energy inefficient machines and turn them into 1-10 energy efficient machines where you just turn on the power and you have all of those servers running. This also makes it easier to back-up as you only have to backup a single hard disk. People are realizing this right now and starting to make use of it in hospital and government environments.

2. As an end user, I find myself drawn to Linux for it's extremely fast and responsive interface and ease of customization. The problem is when I have to run a Windows or Mac application. When I do, I fire up the appropriate virtual machine, either in a window or full screen and perform the desired task. This allows for the flexibility of all other platforms platforms, but the speed and efficiency of the Linux platorm.

3. Dumb terminals. A user can boot from network and run only what's in a virtual machine on the network. This allows for easy deployment of machines. You just copy a virtual machine when you need to add a user and he/she just sees a desktop on their screen which is the same as the next one over. However, they are actually using a single server which is running a virtual machine. This also allows for easy restoration in case of virus since the main computer is not effected because of the virtual machine barrier.

VMWare provides this virtualization technology. This is a solid investment.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
DTN

This guy at StockRoach.com seems to be pretty much on it with his tips. I'm going to take a chance tomorrow. At 0800 when he announces his stock tips I'm simply going to throw $2000 at whatever symbol he recommends. I found him when he posted on the CNEX boards today to brag. The more investors means the better the increase in prices. I'd recommend jumping on this guy's announcement tomorrow at 0900EDT then cashing out around 1300. He seems like he calls them very well. He held on for too long and did not maximize as he only made 79%. I managed to make 100% today.

BTW Radu, I just placed an order for a few shares of VMWare. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:40 PM
DTN

RADU: I made $80 in a single day on VMWare. I'm looking for more volatility though so I'm going to stick with these penny stocks which rise and fall alot faster.

Stock roach seems to do pretty well if you follow their guidelines and do not get greedy.

Here's another one.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=FFGO.PK
FFGO is a company which is going out of business. In order to cover their debts they are selling off their currently active gold mines. Their stock is worth .0001 per share. Near the end of the month they are supposed to pay each shareholder a dividend based upon the sale of their gold mines. This dividend should be near .003.
we are advised by the company that the second sentence of the fourth paragraph should read "With Gold having traded as high as US$1,210/oz; the Company's pricing guidelines would be increased by as much as 15%, translating to a price of no less than US$0.00345 per share;

This translates to you put in $100 for 1 million shares of FFGO and near the end of the month you get back $3,000

I am hesitant so I'm sticking with $100. The worst that can happen is that you loose $100.

-----
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=ENTI.PK&am...&q=l&c=
Guys, buy ENTI.pk. They are supposed to release the name of their celebrity spokesperson tomorrow. If you get in early then you can ride it up over the weekend. I expect it to jump nearly 50% and maybe more. There is very strong support around .0070-.0060 and they are slightly below that number now. This suggests that it can only go up from here because noone wants to sell for lower then they buy.

Here's the catch. The MACD signal closed today at the buy/sell line comming up on a buy signal. The Stoch Oscillator is comming up on a buy point but it is currently on a downward trend. The bollenger bands are relatively wide which is not favorable for an absolute explosion. Because ALL conditions are not technically favorable for a purchase right now, they may decide to release their public relations statement on their new celebrity on Monday. However, they could decide to go forth with the plan and announce it tomorrow at open. Either way, ENTI.PK is a good buy at it's current price and it has potential to make it from .07-.10 in the next month once their commercials hit the air and bust upwards. This may be your last chance to get it for 1 penny each.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 AM
DTN

ENTI announced today that they are signing on Lady Gaga and The Black Eyed Peas. They could go through the roof and cary on through Monday after word gets out over the weekend.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
DTN

The PR published by ENTI was received wrong today. ENTI has said they will publish another statement on Monday to clarify. This should have shot right up but instead went down. This was also partially due to their acceptance onto the pink-sheets as they are technically a new stock as of today, the were unfamiliar. Also, the pink sheet acceptance came after the news release. So, Come monday morning, the pink sheet will reflect similar news and ENTI should shoot up, but not as dramatically as initally expected.

They should have waited until monday to announce the news. Also, ENTI has stated that June 1 they will start their 44million views per month advertising. MusicMatch will be a household name soon and a way for people to follow the artist that they like.