Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Home insurance and being a gun owner

Old 01-05-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Home insurance and being a gun owner

Regarding home insurance. Do you get any discounts or additions regarding gun ownership? Do you get a separate rider for your gun costs? Finally, if you have a safe, do you get a reduction at all?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

I would say that having a gun in the house would cause an additional fee the younger you are, but at some point I'm sure it levels out. When I got renters insurance they asked me if there were any guns in the house, I told them yes, and that no they weren't in a safe, and I only pay $7 a month for the insurance after that.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

You don't have to keep your guns in a safe? Brb, moving to oregon.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Silly goose, you don't have to keep your guns in the anything here. I can reach out and lay hands on two, sitting at my desk right now!

Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

In compliance with this regulation, a firearm licence applicant is required to submit a statement detailing their proposed storage facilities to the WA Police.

This statement, (Statutory Declaration Form 22) will form as part of the firearm licence application process and the declaration is to be provided on request prior to finalisation of the licence assessment. (See 11A and 11C of the Firearms Regulations 1974).

Failure to comply would result in refusal and/or revocation of firearm licences.

http://www.police.wa.gov.au/Ourservi...6/Default.aspx

The gun laws in Australia make me so mad, every single time. It is next to impossible to get anything heftier than a .223 unless you are a farmer with literally thousands of hectares, or you attend a firing range under the strictest of conditions.

Step 1: disarm the people...
Old 01-05-2012, 11:46 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

When I lived with my parents, we had 3 shotguns between my dad and I since we go pheasant hunting with the dogs. They are unloaded and taken apart when we are not physically hunting. We keep them in cases in a closet during hunting season, and up in the attic/crawlspace during off-season. We did not have to pay anything extra monthly for it since they were considered recreational.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Reason #1 Why I wouldn't relocate to Australia.

As for my policy, over a certain value I have to add onto my homeowners insurance for more guns, I think it was $2k.