Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Holy crap, who knew?

Old 03-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy crap, who knew?

So Im reading in the paper about this show on speed channel called Unique Whips, which I have yet to see. Im guessing its sort of like a Pimp My Ride or Monster Garage type show. Well anyway I read on and it says its bases at Unique Autosport in Holbrook, NY. And I nearly fell off my chair because Holbrook is literally two towns over from me. On a street that I've driven on plenty of times. So I went to their website, uniqueautosport.com. Apparently one of their many famous clients is Busta Rhymes. I know he lives on the island but Im wondering if he actually went there with his Murciealago. Which would be crazy because I love Busta Rhymes.

But yeah who knew?? I certainly had no idea this place existed. They do mostly high end cars so I doubt I could afford even a window tinting job there LOL.

Anyone see the show yet? Its on Wednesdays at 9pm on Speed channel.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:20 PM

I've seen the show a few times. Pretty cool actually. They do tasteful mods to the cars. Very bling but IMO tasteful at the same time.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

A lot of the shows I've seen, I think I missed one, are BLING BLING x 100 factor. BIG rims, BIG chrome, BIG money. It's a good show either way tho. Most of the cars are worth 50000$+ that I've seen on there. The owner of the shop is a short tempered guy. I would love to meet him in person as he seems like a funny guy on the show.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:26 PM

But dude if I was a millionaire with an expensive car Id want nothing but extreme bling.

Maybe one day after I get the G35 I'll bring it over there and have them do my rims. Of course this is in my dreams but maybe someday I will have the money to spend. laugh.gif:
Old 03-13-2005, 07:38 PM

My brothers car, in my sig below me 350z. He took it to a shop similar to the one in NY, only deals with BLING BLING factor. He droped 9000 for a custom entertainment setup. What I have yet to relize, is why he never gives me any money except towards school.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:46 PM

Hot damn, what does he do for a living? Thats crazy. I couldnt imagine spending almost half of my yearly salary on stero. But I did spend about that much on bodywork in the end, lol.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:58 PM

He is the Cheif Chairman of Mcdonalds of Ontario. He's 27. He worked hard to get where he is. He is looking into a new car, something more luxury. I hope I can get his 350z, he Knows how much I'm in love with it. My birthday is coming up. tongue.gif
Old 03-13-2005, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Damned lazy celebrities... wish I could pay mechanics to do everything for me. smile.gif

^^ Proof that McDonalds can get you somewhere... I bet it was hard work. I'd hate to work there... matter of fact, I'm too lazy to get a job... I just hustle for my cash. LOL.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

memories of my first job .. (last year), yeah the memories are still too fresh. i'd rather not remember. i hated that godforsaken place, but at the time (a year and a half ago) it was the only place that would hire if you were under 16.

anyways, i've never heard of the show. but it sounds interesting..
Old 03-13-2005, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

QUOTE (Tibbychick)
But yeah who knew?? I certainly had no idea this place existed. They do mostly high end cars so I doubt I could afford even a window tinting job there LOL.

Everything is possible - all depends on money.
BTW how much is to tint windows in US?
In Ukraine (work+film) = $100.