Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Help me paint

Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i think it looks good. but you're going to need at least 3-4 times what you used to make those patches to go away. i sprayed my hood and used about 4 spray cans on it and it still looks patchy. be careful so the paint doesn't start to fold. i always have a hard time with that.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Bottom line is that you needed to scuff and lay down primer. It would have saved you money on paint in the end. Solid coverage over other paint or worse yet over patchwork colors is very difficult to make look right.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:40 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Sonata LX

lol he was saying he liked the subie 03accent03 put up, not that it was an accent..

did you spray in even horizontal sweeps? if you did, and it came out patchy like that, it might be the gun you're using.. or the roller haha

i'm not a fan of the neons, but maybe black would've been a better color, in terms of coverage appearance?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:13 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Flat black is overdone. And the car looks way better than the white did. I think if I prepped everything and wet sanded like I was supposed to do it would way better. But Im lazy and I really hate sanding, so I just started painting yesterday. I will do more coats today, with every coat it looks lightly better. Its a "unique" neon right now.