Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Help Me

Old 07-02-2004, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I was comming home from college today and i was going fast and there was a chevy truck in front of me doing about 95 mph in a 65 mph and I unwisely was following right behind him and then a cop hit us with laser and pulled us over. I got a ticket for reckless driving and I have a court date 2 weeks from now. I am soo scared I will be screwed for college. I just got into wesleyan university which is considered one of the top schools in the nation and i wish to be a doctor. If I am given jail time I will have to drop out of school and my future will be ruined. I had a speeding ticket before but it was erased from my record and i only had to pay a 170 dollar charitable donation. So technically this is my first offense since the other violation is not on my record. I am really worried about what will happen to me. I plan to explain to the judge how i volunteer at hospitals and I graduated 6th in my class and how i plan on becoming an ER doctor and that i am a member of my church youth group. I hope he will be lenient and just give me a monetary fine. Do you guys have any experience with reckless driving violations? WHAT SHOULD I DO!? also I have never been in trouble with the law before so ya think they'll just give me a big fine? I pray for that instead of any jail time. oh and I was completely respectful to the cop and did not whine at all
Old 07-02-2004, 05:14 PM

You're gonna be someone's BIaTCH!,... haha
DUDE, it's a speeding ticket! Calm down.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:16 PM

you will be fine. just pay what ever you have to and go on with your life. Were you wining??
Old 07-02-2004, 05:29 PM

well the problem is that I was not given one of those monetary tickets. I just got a promise to appear ticket and my picture taken. There is no option of sending in guilty or not guilty like my previous ticket that was thrown out. You guys ever get a reckless driving ticket? What happens? especially if your law abiding and an exemplary student.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:59 PM

i dont think its that bad, never had a wreckless ticket, but i got 6 points :twisted: depends where you live but i think wreckless is 2 points, not sure. if this is only your second speeding i wouldnt worry too much
Old 07-02-2004, 06:08 PM

You have absolutely no chance of getting jail time.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:12 PM

You sound like you've never done a single thing wrong in your life. A reckless driving ticket is not going to put you in jail and it will not screw up your chances of becoming a doctor. Just go to court and explain to the judge how you were following behind a truck and didn't realize that he was going so fast. Admit that you were wrong to speed, but explain that you have never done anything like this before and that you'll be sure to never get another ticket again. You'll be fine. Don't worry about it too much. As long as you didn't fail a breathelizer test you won't get in too much hot water.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:19 PM

Thanks guys I was mad worried cause I def wanna be a doctor which would allow me to have enough money to drop a turbo into my 97 RD.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:25 PM

By the time you're a doctor, you won't give a s*** about your RD. It takes atleast like 8 years to be a doctor as well.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:40 PM

besides why you want to buy a turbo for an RD in 8 years when you can buy yourself a mercedes Doctor KoreanRacer wink1.gif but no worries about jail time...if you have wreckless driving, dependin on state...you might have to take a course or somethin like that like what they have for DUI's but not as severe...there will def be a fine...but as far as jail time....no worries....and depending on state....your license MIGHT be suspended but thats always depending on laws of state and if the judge you get is an asshole or not