Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hazel Bike Trail Loop.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent
Default Hazel Bike Trail Loop.

So I needed to get my exercise on, especially after the damage done after my lil weekend bender, it put 8 pounds back on me. The Hazel loop by my house was a good choice as I was once again battleing the sun, a battle i lost. Start time was 5:15, got back at 6:40. Thats puts me at 1 hour 25 minutes. My last run was about 1 hour 10 minutes, so I lost a little time as well as gaining 8 pounds. Well about 15 minutes into the ride I come across the fox hole. I should explain the fox hole a little better as I didn't really describe it that well last time. It splits off of the dirt trail to the left and you enter a grove of trees on a nice slope of a hill that leads down to the river. As you enter the grove you hit about an 45 degree angle down hill that runs for about 15 feet. It then bends to the right (were I bailed last time) at about a 30 degree angle down hill and runs for about 25-35 feet, it gets a little more angled towards the last 10 feet . This is were you slow down for the next drop of probly 55-60 degree angle but its short, only about 4 feet or less. Thing is you have dodge a low hanging tree branch, duck fool duck. You drop onto flat ground and you are surounded by tall bushes on both sides and it curves to the right almost as you come down the last drop.

Well I was a little to confident and was going to fast through the 30 degree angle area. braking at the last second to slow for the drop and duck. same thing as last time, almost. My rear locks up and slides out to the left downhill. I tried to ditch the bike like last time but I didn't make it off. The bike was on its left side with the crank near my crotch as I landed on my ass, bike and right elbow. I cracked open my elbow a little but the real pain was felt in my left inner thigh. I was stabbed by the large gear on the crank and a bruise on my left outer leg about 3 inches up from my ankle bone. I think it must have come from the pointy end of my seat, it's the only thing that makes sence. It hurt a bit but the adrenalin is going so i hop on the bike and keep going. The downed trees, limbs and bushes have been removed other then the big one from my other post. Now what sucks is I decided to break out my flip phone and record the fox hole run. I closed the phone, hit record and slid the opening section into my cross belt for my camel pack. The phone bounced out and was knocked out from the impact thus the video was not saved. to bad cause I don't crash to often. atleast not during the dry days anyways. I will try and get some footage 2morrow as I might go out again cause my service work is in town thank god.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I think all of my bike crash scars are healed, but that might change, I almost bought a new mountain bike. Then the wound pictures will be plentiful on the board I'm sure. lol.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:21 PM

Lol yea, need more bikers on this sight. It's the best thing I ever got into.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

All of these threads almost make me want to go out and start biking.... almost lol.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 PM

Well i got out as promised but I left my camel pack at home so I had nowere to hang my phone, or anything to drink for that matter. I did make it down the foxhole without an epic fail so I was pleased. On a side note my thigh is coloring in nicely.