Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Have you ever ran from the cops?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Only ran once, cuz i was drunk as f*ck... didnt work out. Got a dui, i had a connection that got the wreckless driving and evasion dropped. This was back in 2003. Good times!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I was pulling over and the cop noticed another car speeding and diverted his attention so I took off. I must admit with the way some cops are, sometimes it's worth the opportunity granted it is safe and you can outsmart them using your brain.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:16 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

Intentionally - NO

Accidently thinking a cop car is a taxi and trying to race it...... YES.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:16 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Twice on foot, got away both times(gotta love the city)

I was probably a teenager

Never ran in a car. Never had a good enough reason to run.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent GS

Never seen a reason to try and risk "out running" the cops, and this is coming from someone who went to jail every time I was pulled over. Never for DUI or anything like, just got my licenses for the first time 3 years ago after driving for 15+ years. When it was night time if I saw a cop car turn around and come after me I would duck down a side street and pull in to a drive way with my lights off. I have done that a dozen times and never get caught. Or I would pull into a parking lot and get out of the car and start walking, they were never able to give me a ticket for driving with out a licenses when I did that.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:31 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

I'm not gonna lie... More than once.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Turbosocks, are youths dudeor the chick inyour picture?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000/tiburon

i didnt think anybody would confess hahah ive done it twice and never been caught
Old 06-26-2011, 04:21 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

After a stressful weekend at the track, "limping" home on the highway doing the speed limit when a large SUV starts flashing highbeams, decided to say "fawk you" by accelerating to over 140mph and then coasting a good mile or so ahead of them at normal, previous speed but soon realized it was a county sherrif's SUV.. dude was a bit excessive with me once i pulled over.. funny story anyways..

On a related note, I have witnessed a vehicle pulled over on a freeway onramp by a bicycle cop.. that's right, he was on a bicycle. truck stopped, cop unmounted his schwinn, flipped open kickstand and proceeded to driver's window. Just as I was thinking to myself "what idiot would pull over for a bicycle cop?" they sped off, cop hanging onto window and punching driver in the face. It was great.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

^Holy balls!!^

I got caught trying to run once, Got clocked by state patrol doing well over the speed limit and pulled down a neighbor hood, shut off the light but they found me. I managed to convince them I wasn't running because I had a car full of friends and told them I was dropping someone off and didn't see them. Still got a heavy speeding ticket out of it, but not totally reamed.

Had one other occasion where I didn't intend to run, the cop just never caught up. A lot like JonGTR, I was heading down a divided highway, actually I-75. It was my first road trip in the 944 and I though in my infinite wisdom that doing 130 or better the whole way was a brilliant plan. Saw a cop on the other side slam his brakes and flip on the lights going into the median, but there was a line of cars all doing 100+ in the left-most lane trying to keep up. Never saw the cop in my mirror after he faded into the horizon and after about 20 mins of stay the course I pulled off for gas and grub. I honestly figured he was going to call a bunch of his pals to com bust me, but nothing. After these two I slowed down a whole lot.

I actually got a ticket a year later in the same section of the interstate. A local cop pulled me out of decent traffic to tell me that he clocked me doing 95 in a 55 zone. I had been doing 60 stuck behind a semi for a good half hour, never doing more than 60 and the entire stretch of highway through his city limits was a 70 zone. I figured this was retaliation or some crap.