Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hate From Other Fourms?

Old 12-10-2005, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Check out my intro topic to thepreludefourms http://www.thepreludeforums.com/showthread.php?t=488 . One of my friends told me about it so I was like might as well see how everything is over there maybe leanr something new and alls I get is negative responces like not liking the angel eyes and asking why I would post pics if I didnt have a Honda mad.gif Is this the responce that you guys get at non-Hyundai fourms? Because we welcome everyone. mad.gif
Old 12-10-2005, 06:34 AM

You'll never catch us giving unwarranted rude responses like that to newcomers (and if someone does, I promise you I'll step in real fast) . Just be cool Brian, if they continue to be rude, don't step down to their level. We know you're a good guy over here! smile.gif
Old 12-10-2005, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

This thread is pointless.... YOU ALL HATE HONDAS(for the most part)... If one of them just joined without a tiburon and said "I just want to look around"....they would probabally get banned....

My advice to you is, dont mention that you drive a tib if you want to get along with anyone there

Its not that bad, we do the same replies when somone with even a GK joins...
Old 12-10-2005, 07:54 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

We can all register there, imagine there on Honda forum will be more Hyundai owners than Honda owners lmao.gif
Old 12-10-2005, 08:10 AM

QUOTE (MK3Design @ Dec 10 2005, 09:42 AM)
This thread is pointless.... YOU ALL HATE HONDAS(for the most part)... If one of them just joined without a tiburon and said "I just want to look around"....they would probabally get banned....

Not really... we would never ban somebody for what they drive. Now if they came in here with their 'Lude, Camaro, Mustang, Lexus, or what ever and started trouble by telling us poor hyundai owners how much better their cars were.. that would be a different matter.

Look at me, my pride and joy is an vintage sports car.. and I do talk about it quite a bit on these forums... but never once have I said it was better than the worst accent.. it's just older and the precursor to a lot of the technology we take for granted on our Tibs.

And no I do not hate hondas or any other car for that matter. I do not like a lot of the owners of hondas, but that is a people thing.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:25 AM

mk3 thats definently not true. there aren't alot of honda guys that come around here but the few that do don't usually stay long just like i usually don't stay long on any other car forum.

There was one prelude guy that posted here for a while, i think his girlfriend had a tib. He wasn't banned or really even treated badly for having a honda. I think people even told him how nice his car was and gave him some pointers.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:28 AM

Generally, I don't see that kind of negativity on the majority of other non-Hyundai forums, but as with every group of sites, there are always the bad apples.

Don't sweat it man. When you join a site and are not welcomed, be glad. The quicker they rudely bash you for no reason, the sooner you learn what type of forum that is, and the quicker you can leave it and never go back. You just saved a lot of time that way smile.gif Better than building a decent post count and contributiting to their community with good posts, and then be turned away after you have given.

QUOTE (MK3Design @ Dec 10 2005, 09:42 AM)

My advice to you is, dont mention that you drive a tib if you want to get along with anyone there

Its not that bad, we do the same replies when somone with even a GK joins...

^...dude has a point.

Search for honda even on this forum, and you'll see a huge array of anti-honda statements. On this site, and most other hyundai sites I visit, the words "honda" and "rice" are synonymous.

I think there are a lot of members here who welcome all makes and models, but I'd still say theres work to do. Currently, what MK3 said, I believe, still stands true.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

it doesn't matter what car people drive. They would get banned only if they behave badly.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:39 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^^exactly

some of us do hate honda. Hell im one of them but my hate isnt justified i owned a del slow which pissed me off on a daily basis

i wouldnt lock or ban anyone if they came in here sayin hey just came here to see what you guys were doin to your cars heres a couple of pics of mine

sometimes you get ideas for your car by seeing other cars
Old 12-10-2005, 09:11 AM

we joke but if someone came in here with a nice looking honda they wouldnt get treated like shit or banned. if someone came in here with a ricey looking honda, they would be treated the same way as someone with a riced out tiburon.