Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

had an accident: what should i do??

Old 12-15-2003, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well this starts the fifth week i haven't had my car since my accident. i lost control in the rain and ran my car up the curb to the median. i've never had any accident before so the ony place i could think to tow it was the dealership. well the shop estimates the damage and it was about $1700 consisting of some minor body repair, replacing the wheels, and also replacing the shocks, struts and some other related parts. i was relieved at the time because i thought there could be some damage to the frame. well after 4 weeks, the shop says that the allignment won't come out right so they have to put it on a frame machine and pull the frame and then try to straighten the allignment again. RED FLAG... is it really a good idea to try to fix a car if the frame is bent?? everyone keeps telling me that they should total my car because it will never drive the same again. i think they are trying to slip something past me. and i can't figure out why they didn't think to look at the frame in the beginning. right now i am waiting for both the shop and the insurance company to call me back. i feel like i am gonna get stuck with this car and it will drive like crap and i'll never be able to sell it. what do you guys think??
Old 12-15-2003, 01:58 PM

I think if you have a decent insurance company they won't pay for it until you say that it is ok with you. There is no reason that you should or have to accept your car in an unsatisfactory condition.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:05 PM

It depends on the amount of twist.. you probably bent up the suspension mounting points with your little trip over the curb.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:15 AM

right, but will it ever drive the same?? i don't feel like going thru tires every 5 months either.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:24 AM

If it doesn't refuse it and make them fix it or total it and give you a new one.