Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Gta4 Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So who bought the new Grand Theft Auto? Any thoughts or opinions post them up.

I bought it for PS3 yesterday and havent played much of it yet but seems to be good. From what I hear the online multiplayer games are awesome. A lot of people are already pissed about the content but whatever.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I forgot to pick up my copy, maybe I'll go do that here in a bit. Or tomorrow, I dunno.

Anyways, I've heard of some problems on the PS3 version, freezing and broken online, but not for everyone.

I'm not dogging the PS3, but you can check www.joystiq.com and the other video game blogs to see what's up.

So far, it looks great, can't wait to pick it up.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:53 PM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Ive got it for ps3 and ive had no problems with it at all.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i would LOVE the game, until i drove the cars around. the control of the cars pisses me off. in GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas you could feel complete control of the car and the camera would stay on the car all the time so you could see where you're going. driving the motorcycle was perfection. in GTA4 it's like you're driving a blind sponge. it doesn't even feel like you're driving. it's not fun because the car skids around ridiculously and unrealisticly. they've overdone the suspension. all of the cars are difficult to control. the camera is annoying because it just stays in one spot and you can't see anything. they included every single detail except they totally forgot that in real life cars bottom out. Hellooooo Rockstar Games, cars bottom out!!!!!!!!

it takes the fun right out of it, and it's such a main thing my approval suffers.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:41 PM

^

OMG hail.gif i love you thats what ive ben telling everyone! i feel the exact same way!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^right back at you. hail.gif friday.gif i thought i was alone to feel this!! remember how addictive it was to drive in the previous games just to feel the rush? now it's like 5 minutes of it and it becomes boring and repetitive.

i just find it funny they took so much time for the details down to the microscope while missing most important characteristic of it. why do people still play the original legendary Goldeneye after 12 years? take a wild guess, surely not because the poor graphics.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:46 PM

fing02.gif No kidding cuz the game play was there! But it is very funny that they spent so much time on the physics and the engine to run this game and the online and other stuff but i mean i spend most of my time in the cars looking for jumps running from cops but that is nearly impossible in this one. The camera while cornering is just piss poor, nothing like taking a corner blind while in a mission and sunning stright into a cop, or while on a "chase the badguy" mission. You would think that rockstar would put more into the cars/camera but this is one major over look that i just can not stand almost makes driving impossible with the crashing and crazy crazy swerving! I mean come on i wanna go fast not be scared to put the pedal to the metal....

[/RANT]
Old 05-02-2008, 01:30 AM

^^ thats upsetting

that may actually deter me from buying the game.

that was pretty much what i loved about the old GTA's, the driving aspect.

o well....ill probably end up buying it anyways and posting on here later on how much i regret doing so
Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 AM

My biggest problem with the driving is it either wants to turn to much and spin out or just not turn at all... there's no lee way in the understeer/oversteer
Old 05-02-2008, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

It's fine with me. You just have to get used to it.

The game is fun, at first I was disappointed because of all the hype. They made it out to be this awesome game. It's just gta! It is the best gta to date though. The GTA series has always had very high replay value. The addition of multiplayer makes that value even higher. Not only do you have the variation of an unliniar game, you now have the added replay bonus of every time you enter multiplayer it will be different.

At first the game is kinda meh. You have to play a few missions before you actually get into the game. The game also teaches you some things that can be taken to multiplayer that you might not otherwise know.

The game is very good after all. I only wish they would ahve added planes but I understand why they decided to leave them out.

The Towers are gone, It's not like they can hit them again -_-